Installing issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing issues

So I had to reinstall my opperating system recently and I have been attempting to reinstall civ IV. I didn't have any problems until I got to installing warlords. When I attempt to install warlords I get an error in the data2.cab file. It reads cyclic redundancy error. Not sure what this means anyone got any idea and any idea what I can do about it? I have the original box and disk so if worst comes to worst I suppose I can get a new copy of the disk from firaxis..at least I hope I can.
    A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

if you dont have it your best bet would be to get the civ4 complete edition, it has civ4 vanilla, warlords, bts, and colonization all in one. if you get that just turn off ALL security on your computer, install, then patch with the most up-to-date patches, 3.19 for bts, then re-boot then it should be all good. as far as the error you are getting i have no idea what that means. unless someone else comes here more knowledgeable that i, id email fireaxis the complete error to them and they should be able to help you, it might take 3-5 days but they did get back to me when i emailed them, goodluck.

Comment

anyone with other ideas...my end up buying the game again but would rather not...
      A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

Comment

Bit of a long shot but last time I had that error it turned out to be finger print smudges on the DVD.

Comment

i found i had to patch Civ before i installed an expansion (i.e. patch the vanilla version to final before installing an expansion) on my wife's computer.
          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Working...
          X