Its never too early to start thinking Fantasy Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its never too early to start thinking Fantasy Baseball

Gentlemen, I'm putting this up early so that we can have a great jump on this year.

Last year I feel was a mixed bag. The novelty of the auction league was great, and added a dimension to the game that just isn't there in the normal drafts. Unfortunately, participation really didn't warrant two leagues - we even had to stretch with the addition of...whatever the dude's name was.

We should start brainstorming now.

Last year, I setup the second league (a bit late, but we still got it). However, I'm currently couch-surfing around Los Angeles and I'm on the move a lot - dunno how the next few months will progress, but I'm going to assume I won't be rich by April.

So gents, what are your thoughts?
    "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
    ^ The Poly equivalent of:
    "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

I enjoyed the auction league and I think its better than drafts

maybe not, I suspect the serpentine draft creates more parity. With the auction its possible to buy 4-5 superstars and have a dominant team.

anyway, I'll play a weekly slow draft league and a daily league (pref auction)

might play a 3rd league if I'm in 1 at FFZ instead of 2

Comment

I'll do weekly slow draft league if I'm needed to complete the league. I have some things not going on that I need to get going on.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm definitely up for the weekly slow draft league. And this year if we end up a player short I promise not to ask any of my friends to join.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm definitely up for the weekly slow draft league. And this year if we end up a player short I promise not to ask any of my friends to join.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
            I have some things not going on that I need to get going on.
            thats almost Yogi-esque

Comment

Comment

Yeah, yeah.
                Last edited by SlowwHand; January 15, 2010, 01:09.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                  I'll play a weekly slow draft league and a daily league (pref auction)
                  Me too.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

guess the op was wrong

Comment

Can we do more traditional scoring system this year, at least for hitting?
                      Say:
                      Runs, RBI, BB, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, SB, AVG.
                      "

Comment

my prefs

R, H, HR, RBI, TB, SB, OBP, SLG
                        QS, L, SV, BB, K, ERA, WHIP

K/9, or K/BB for K and BB, and/or Holds
                        Last edited by Berzerker; January 22, 2010, 05:07.

Comment

I didn't terribly like holds. Seemed to throw things off last year.

Comment

holds are better in daily leagues, its kinda hard to compete for saves, holds and wins/quality starts in a weekly. I like K/BB instead of Ks and BBs which tend to cancel each other out and gives us room for another stat, And QS > Wins

I'm kinda torn between sabremetrics and traditional scoring, I still like HR even though I want TB in there for XBH in spite of Slg - but I'm not much for arguing about stats anymore.

Comment

I will definitely join a weekly draft league.

Comment

Working...
                              X