Tech tree poster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech tree poster

The version of the game I bought was one of thoe cheapo re-releases and it came without a tech tree poster (not even a scan of it on the CD). As you might imagine, this makes following the tech advances in SMAC quite difficult. Does anyone know where I might find a decent-sized image of the poster online, or would anyone who has the poster be kind enough to scan it in and send it to me (in private, if necessary)?

---

UPDATE:
    OK, for anyone who's interested, I managed to get hold of a decent tech tree PDF and improve it - I moved the box in the top-right to the left a little (so it doesn't go off the right edge), darkened the 'Discover' headings (they were virtually unreadable), and re-cropped the pages in the 4 page PDF so that they're all an identical size - this is necessary or otherwise they will print out at slightly different sizes and not fit together as a poster! Here are my fixed versions:

One big poster

4 quarters:

I've printed out and stuck together the 4 quarters version and it's sitting happily on my wall now.
    Last edited by jez9999; February 7, 2013, 06:36.
    === Jez ===

I made a thread a while back called "any modders know how to do this" and there's a link there someone posted that has a PDF tech tree you can download

EDIT: It's in the AC creation section with a question mark icon.

Comment

Hi,

Well, the PDF at http://www.civgaming.net/public-file...ree-4pages.pdf was just the kind of thing I was looking but, BUT whoever put it together obviously had an evil streak. The 4 pages it is split into are of slightly different sizes, so when scaled to page width, they print out at slightly different heights and won't fit together as a 4 page poster.

Anyone know if I can get in touch with who made that? Or some way to fix it?
      === Jez ===

Comment

OK, for anyone who's interested, I managed to improve the PDFs - I moved the box in the top-right to the left a little (so it doesn't go off the right edge), darkened the 'Discover' headings (they were virtually unreadable), and re-cropped the pages in the 4 page PDF so that they're all an identical size - this is necessary or otherwise they will print out at slightly different sizes and not fit together as a poster! Here are my fixed versions:

One big poster

4 quarters:

I've printed out and stuck together the 4 quarters version and it's sitting happily on my wall now.
        Last edited by jez9999; January 4, 2010, 10:15.
        === Jez ===

Comment

If you are looking for a compact very detailed version of a SMAC or SMACX tech tree please take a look at the ones I created at: http://home.comcast.net/~pmm1/games/games.html
          Nethog

Comment

Nowhere near as sexy as the official one, Nethog. Sorry.

It looks so cool coz I printed it on glossy paper and printing it with the best quality on my good quality inkjet - it looks almost like an official poster.
            === Jez ===

Comment

I thank you both for your hard work. I lost my tech tree poster wherever I lost my disc for Alien Crossfire. I've been playing just SMAC since and these tech trees (especially the one that looks just like the real one I have/had) are what I will use from now on.
              Last edited by Arcainite; March 15, 2010, 01:10.

Comment

I can't find a good one. I still have my original manual but I have no idea what I did with the tech tree poster which was hanging on my wall in the 90s. I just re-bought the game at GOG as it was difficult to get my disks working. Hmm. Any updates on a tech tree?

Comment

Originally posted by madglee View Post
                  I can't find a good one. I still have my original manual but I have no idea what I did with the tech tree poster which was hanging on my wall in the 90s. I just re-bought the game at GOG as it was difficult to get my disks working. Hmm. Any updates on a tech tree?
                  If you look above, I posted one on my game-point.net website. I'm currently changing servers so the link doesn't work at the moment, but I'll get it back up one of these days.
                  === Jez ===

Comment

I saw those but they're dead.

Comment

Originally posted by madglee View Post
                      I saw those but they're dead.
                      Try them now. I transferred my site over and they're back up.
                      === Jez ===

Comment

Very nice! Excellent.

Comment

Working...
                        X