Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Merry Christmas...pastor arrested for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas...pastor arrested for...

Oh, you guessed it. Kiddy fiddling!

Ont. police arrest pastor wanted for alleged sex crimes
    Allegations against Oshweken, Ont. pastor stretch back to the 1970s

A pastor wanted for alleged sex crimes was arrested Thursday at the Sarnia, Ont. border crossing by the Canada Border Services Agency.

Ontario Provincial Police say Ronald Burning, 57, is the pastor at Johnsfield Baptist Church in Oshweken, Ont., where the alleged offences against three victims took place.

Police say Mr. Burning faces eight charges, including sexual assault, rape, forcible confinement and intercourse with someone under the age of 14.

Sergeant Aaron McPhail says some of the alleged offences date from the 1970s, while others allegedly occurred recently.
    They keep busy, don't they?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Is there any evidence that clergymen are more likely to molest children than the male population in general?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Is there any evidence that says otherwise?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, I see no reason to single out the clergy for opprobrium on this issue. Child molesters can be found in any segment of society.
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
          Is there any evidence that says otherwise?
          Is there any evidence that says gays aren't much more likely to be child molesters?

Comment

Probably.

Vast majority of child molestors, at least anecdotally, are heterosexuals or 'celibate' religious figures.

All evidence actually shows abuse of boys by gays is rare. Most homosexual molestations are not done by homosexuals, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
              In the absence of evidence to the contrary, I see no reason to single out the clergy for opprobrium on this issue. Child molesters can be found in any segment of society.
              I'm sure they can. I know for certain there's a great many people from the USA and Canada who travel overseas to 'teach English' just for the easy access for children.

I see plenty of reason to single them out, just as I single out other people in position of authority or trust like teachers.

Comment

Probably.

Vast majority of child molestors, at least anecdotally, are heterosexuals or 'celibate' religious figures.
                Aha. These 'celibate' religious figures are almost all gay. What is it about gay men that leads them to rape children and join the clergy to hide it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                  Aha. These 'celibate' religious figures are almost all gay.
                  Please tell me you are not this stupid.

Please.

Desperate, Kuci.

On a more serious note, all studies say homosexuals are no more likely to molest children than heterosexuals. I'm assuming you probably know this and are thinking you are being a clever troll, but it's worth citing anyway:

The empirical research does not show that gay or bisexual men are any more likely than heterosexual men to molest children. This is not to argue that homosexual and bisexual men never molest children. But there is no scientific basis for asserting that they are more likely than heterosexual men to do so. And, as explained above, many child molesters cannot be characterized as having an adult sexual orientation at all; they are fixated on children.

Comment

I've presented as much evidence as you have, and my conclusions is more logical (deviants rape small boys more often? what a surprise!).

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                      I've presented as much evidence as you have
                      No.

Comment

FWIW, there are statistical reports that put the rate of sex abuse by priests and other religious figureheads at rates well above the societal norm.

4% of priests between 1950 and 2002 were accused of child molestation.

I am willing to concede that there are other confounding factors here (maybe Priests are more likely to get caught?), but there is some evidence pointing to increased child molestation rates amongst priests, while there is no such data pertaining to homosexuals.

Comment

Maybe this'll make you think twice before eating that suspiciously salty wafer during communion.

Comment

Comment

FWIW, there are statistical reports that put the rate of sex abuse by priests and other religious figureheads at rates well above the societal norm.

4% of priests between 1950 and 2002 were accused of child molestation.

I am willing to concede that there are other confounding factors here (maybe Priests are more likely to get caught?), but there is some evidence pointing to increased child molestation rates amongst priests, while there is no such data pertaining to homosexuals.
                              And as I pointed out, almost all of them were gay.

Comment

Working...
                              X