No announcement yet.

Cradle III and CTP2 AE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limiting specific improvements to specific tiles?

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
    For your setup, you can limit specific tile improvements to specific tile types.
    How would I do that?

Comment

Originally posted by MisterEd View Post
      How did you do that?
      I was going to explain how when i noticed it would be easier to just give you the edited txt.. It seems your using epic so copy the attached file into

"ctp_data/default/gamedata" and overwrite the old file

Just do you know: your crashes seem to be caused by something else that i havnt run into yet. so i cant promise this will help you
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DakaSha View Post
        I was going to explain how when i noticed it would be easier to just give you the edited txt.. It seems your using epic so copy the attached file into
        Awesome, thanks. I assumed it would be deleting the "ConvertCities" command for the units, but I didn't know where to start. I suppose the *_UNITS.TXT should have been a big clue.

Comment

Edited by Martin Gühmann:
          The content of the crash.txt included in the post properly, so that I am not downloading it all the time just to see what it actually says.

Sorry i just saw this :P

Comment

nm
            Last edited by Theben; March 3, 2010, 12:50. Reason: because my daughter typed in nonsense in my absence
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by DakaSha View Post
              Btw so far getting rid of conversion has worked as a band aid fix
              Any other impressions of the Mod so far???
              Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
              ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Originally posted by hexagonian View Post
                Any other impressions of the Mod so far???
                To tell you the truth i haven't played it that far into the time line (i think 1000-500 BC being the max) So i cant really review it fairly.

Main reasons being that although the sourcecode project has fixed alot there are still some problems (with or without the mod)

For instance "Hard" is too easy and "Very Hard" just plain atmosphere destroying again (AI getting huge bonuses in tech for instance).

I am slightly obsessive compulsive which makes things like this unbearable for me (often unreasonably so).

But that aside im just back to work on my own projects which doesnt leave much room or desire for playing. :P

I'd have to say that from what ive seen so far The sourcecode project and cradle are both very good. Sourcecode project for making the game and AI work and cradle for the new mechanics (tech tree etc)

Im bound to try both again when i need a break from programming. All of you keep up the good work

Comment

Working...
                X