Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General strategy hints

Hi!

Are there general strategy hints how I could build a winning empire?
    I cannot understand how the computer enemies achieve to build prospering countries.
    I played a little with the Apolyton version and when we exchanged maps, I saw, that they had at least double of cities.
    When I took a city it had no granary, of course.
    But all the same, everything takes a lot of time, building buildings, units, caravans, etc.

So are there hints how to play and win?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Dani

Ok, I played more

There were so many cities and I think I had to capture some of them, but there were more and more.
    I think for me this game is very annoying.
    I do not want to make warfare.
    I'd like to make the science win. I want to be better in science and I want to have happy people. This seems to me not achievable in the Apolyton version.
    The graphics are great but now it is a game for guys who like to play war.

I will switch back to the original version. Sorry.

Dani

Comment

Did you max out the sliders? Do you have the right government for making progress fast? Have you founded enough cities in the beginning?

And by the way, the game is supposed to be challenging, so you have to try harder. At least a little bit or go down with the difficulty level.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Try harder ...

That is easier spoken than done.
        I cannot build cities without a granary. My people would starve. And I have to give them buildings that make them happier. But so I will soon be behind the Computer enemies.

And I think that in this version the Computer enemies build far too much cities.

But this is just my opinion, sorry for that.

Dani

Comment

Originally posted by Dani View Post
          I cannot build cities without a granary. My people would starve.
          No they won't. Do as Martin says and maximize your empire sliders. Put rations on the lowest and workday on the highest.

Make sure all your cities are well defended first, then build any wonders you can, then build things like granaries and happiness buildings.

And I think that in this version the Computer enemies build far too much cities.
          They build and/or capture as many cities as they can under each government, and you should do the same.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Or try easier

Or try easier, if you have to play on impossible then you should not wonder why it is impossible.

Originally posted by Dani View Post
            I cannot build cities without a granary. My people would starve. And I have to give them buildings that make them happier. But so I will soon be behind the Computer enemies.
            I would build an archer and a warrior first then a settler, of course for each city. Maybe for the first few cities some extra units for exploration. Then I would try to get the Ramajana, since it increases happiness in each of your cities by three. And there is no need to make your citizens too happy, a happiness level of 73 is enough.

-Martin
            Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
            X