Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to move the interface around? For a 600 pixel netbook.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to move the interface around? For a 600 pixel netbook.

I recently got an Asus Eee PC netbook. Civ4 is a bit of a slideshow, but Civ3 works like a charm. But. As you might know, currently the most usual resolution for netbooks is 1024x600. Civ3 needs minimum of 768, or the minimap, icons and unit info get cut out. Now, I can live without minimap and all those, but diplomacy is something of a pain without those 168 bottom pixels... (And any customizing of the maps is a bit... difficult.)

So I ask, is there a way to move boxes and whatnots around? I'm assuming their position is recorded somewhere inside the gamefiles... Alternatively, were there any minimalistic interface mods done for Civ3? Look in civfanatics seems to suggest all the interface mods were just superficial, marble pylons and the likes, or am I just looking at the wrong places?

I'd imagine there'd be a market for netbook optimized Civ3, who do I write to?
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

I did manage to find a neat utility, UMPCScrollbar, which, to my surprise, ads a scrollbar to the right side of the screen, which enables me to scroll the view, if need be. For future reference. Though, I do believe 768 is in the cards for netbooks.
    Last edited by Tattila the Hun; December 21, 2009, 13:20. Reason: Added a link.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
    X