Crashes after returning to game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashes after returning to game

Hello all. I am hoping you are able to help me with a problem I've experienced with CtP2. Sometimes (usually very late in the game, usually doesn't happen before 1950), when I return to the game after having saved and exited, the game crashes when I end the turn.

To explain perhaps a bit more clearly. I can play for hours on end just fine. I then save the game and exit to go eat or whatever. When I come back to play again, I load the game, and it plays fine UNTIL I end the current turn. It then cycles through the other players' moves. It appears to crash at the very very beginning of the next turn.

Sometimes if I go back to an earlier saved version of the game, I can continue playing (although I have to replay a number of turns). Can anyone help me with this? I appreciate it greatly!

just to give myself a bump and to give you guys more information in hopes of getting a reply, i'm playing on a windows XP SP2 machine with an athlon 3200+ processor. I am playing the apolyton pack as well as the necessary patches to run that.

Comment

I had such problem with the unpatched version, when AI tried to steal a technology from another AI. Just to test if I am right, make a backup of the units.txt file and delete the special action from the spy unit. It worked for me, but I never needed to do that again since I am using the Apolyton Edition.
      The destination doesn't matter. What's important is the journey.

Comment

I experienced the same thing. Hard work after hrs and then quit and come back loading the save game, end the turn crashed. One way to get around it: load a save game without this problem, and after loading it, end the turn and then load the one with problem. You can then continue the supposedly crashed game. Two observation: 1) global pollution indicator is screwed after coming back to the bad savegame. In my run before quit-and-crash I was very careful about pollution -- yes I am in corporate republic but I make sure every turn none of my 40 cities produced more than 400 unit of pollution, and I kept doing that for 100+ rounds. By that time I checked the global pollution bar and right before I quit by 1959 (when I got ecotopia) I was still at ~30%. But after I saved and quit and the game started to crash, I checked the bar and it went up to 80% suddenly. There is something wrong with the global pollution indicator (not to mention no way to check the exact number of the global pollution). 2) did you do resolution change in the midst of the run? did you have any wonder built in the process? I have fluid dynamic lab built between the last good game and the crashed game. And a number of tech added (not many) plus switched to technocracy. Well I suspect it has nothing to do with me actually but the AI opponents and the situation on the map.

Comment

Working...
        X