This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Story Thread Pt4 - December 2009]

This is the Story and Diplomacy Thread for the Diplo Game "The Dance of Civilizations" (DoC)

The purpose of this thread is to post in-character story posts and diplomacy for this game. Please discuss all organizational aspects of this game the Organization Thread.
    Use your Anonymous Apolyton Game Account to put posts in this thread.

The Dance of Civilizations is a diplomacy game.
    The players try to rule their empires like they are real. Role playing and story telling is an important way to achieve this.
    Fore more information visit the Diplogame FAQ by OzzyKP

For more information visit the Organization Thread.
    Last edited by Robert; December 3, 2009, 06:06.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Story Thread Pt4 - December 2009]

Members of the Council of the Ice Sea

My naval forces have spotted barbarians in some strength on the islands to the north of Russia's new territories.

Be alert my friends to this threat. I will dispatch forces to exterminate them.

Theodosius King of Byzantium
    Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

Crowned Prince Justinian of Byzantium looked at the note he had received from his intelligence agencies.

First, the casulty list from the battle of Coventry:

English losses:
      20,000 macemen
      10,000 horse archers
      50,000 catapults
      10,000 longbowmen

Roman losses:
      30,000 macemen
      20,000 praetorians
      30,000 crossbowmen
      40,000 catapults
      10,000 axemen

A poor day for the Romans.

Second, the full list of Roman and Incan forces gathering at Hastings.

confidential

Comment

Mecca Weekly - London Not Falling

Lieutenant Omar of the 5th Swordsman regiment remarks to Mohammad head of the Arabian archers ... upon seeing the appearance of great horned beasts ... I think we need more swords.

Meanwhile back in Mecca we celebrate the discovery of Theology with the advent of a great prophet.

Allah is obviously pleased.

Comment

wow cool pics... you guys are doing great ....

Comment

The Korean Missionaries setup camp just outside the war zone and watched with horror the bloody battles
            Romans advanced and attacked

Discussiosn were made over which directio nto take

The reinforcments arrived

Up close it was violent

Meanwhile back on Hope Island the Annual Tao conferecne was held.

Comment

Looks like no one showed up.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Noccalula was well taken with the young Kim Jung II junior. She was fascinated by his knowledge of the world beyond her experience and he had a distinctive charm and prestige. But her mission on this visit was simply to meet up with the Tao high priests to discuss issues and report back to Hiawatha.

She wasn’t yet betrothed back home, but she knew that many young braves in Poverty Point were keen to take her bison hunting.

Still, while in this wonderful land she should enjoy herself but also not endanger the reputation of the Native Americans or the relationship between the Taoist nations
                I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                  Looks like no one showed up.
                  just two attendees this year, you can see them swimming.

That was the whole point of the pic . to show a world at war and some silly convention was still on ....

Comment

ooc Hope you liked my pic of Noccalula's waterfall did a google search jsut for her..

Great legend behind it , very sad

Comment

Originally posted by Byzantium (DoC) View Post
                      Members of the Council of the Ice Sea

My naval forces have spotted barbarians in some strength on the islands to the north of Russia's new territories.

Be alert my friends to this threat. I will dispatch forces to exterminate them.

Theodosius King of Byzantium
                      No need my troops are already moving to take them out.
                      The civ formerly known as The Holy Empire of Britannia/dutch

Comment

Wallace riding towards Constantinople received the latest report from home:

Latest Report.

*Rumors have been spreading that a 5th enemy is about to invade us general Wallace. "Hmmm 5vs1 i guess the wolves are more than we thought"

*Our fleet has clashed with the Inca's in the great bay - we were victorious.

*Inca have burned villages near the borders, they did not let anyone leave. Cowards indeed!

*Our Elehanty brigades have counter attacked their cavalry. 40,000 Incan cavalry have been destroyed. We lost only 10,000 brave souls.

*Main army of Inca is still on the march, Incan workers have been seen to build roads towards our borders.

*The Arabs are approaching London, they have started to burn our fields. "Well what a shame, we did send troops to aid the Arabs when they asked for aid in their barbarian wars, they thank us by invading our lands"

*Romans are reorganizing for a 2nd attack.

*Greece have declared war as well on us, but haven't invaded yet, there is some hope that they seek peace negotiations. "At least one reasonable civ"

*So my general, WAR is growing larger by the minute, we still have not received an answer from the Byzantines, it seems they have abandoned us, or worse let themselves to be bought off by the invaders. they are even letting Incan armies use their lands to attack us from the north "Wallace thought to himself, why would they do such a thing, why would they leave their brothers of the Cross to burn and do nothing about it. I hope to find out when I arrive in Constantinople"

Comment

OOC. Pleas Arabia reduce size of map as my display cannot show all with it so wide.
                          Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

Originally posted by Britannia
                            No need my troops are already moving to take them out.
                            Excellent my friend. The Ice Council works well.

Comment

The exploration of the southern area continued. The island looked very barren though.

The navy encoutnered Pirates and so they ordered troops from home to clear the lands.

Comment

Working...
                              X