How did I get so many hammers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did I get so many hammers?

Hi. Another quick question. (Just bought the Complete edition, and playing BTS.)

In one of my towns, I have 9 hammers from my tiles, and in all my lands I have 1 source of stone and 2 of copper.

So, the number of hammers for this town would appear to be 12.

But, it has 37.

What the heck?

Then, in another town I have 8 hammers from my tiles, but none from the stone and copper, for a total of 8.

I don't know what's going on here...

Thanks.

If it just built something, you will see the overage as hammers. Wait a turn and check again.

Chopping forests also adds hammers for a single turn.
    Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
    http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Ah-ha...

Good.

Thanks.

Then, what about the stone and the copper, etc? In the Civilopedia, it says these give +1 hammers. Is that +1 for every city? Cuz, I have a city where it doesn't appear to be counting it.

Comment

You only get the number of hamemrs in the city that has it, and only if you are indeed working the square
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If you are building something that is "1/2 cost with stone" it will in fact double your hammer output for that item. Also having a forge present or having certain civics like Organized Religion will boost production.
          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If you mouse over the number of hammers in the city screen it will tell you all the bonuses that apply.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

IND adds hammers for forges and wonders. All demystified as noted by hovering your pointer over the number of hammers.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

cool.

Comment

Heh, Demystified.... I like that.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?...So with that said: if you can not read my post because of spelling, then who is really the stupid one?...

Comment

Yep... a catchy phrase
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

and it's even a real word.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                      X