This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dance of Civilizations [Diplo Game] [Story Thread Pt3 - November 2009]

This is the Story and Diplomacy Thread for the Diplo Game "The Dance of Civilizations" (DoC)

The purpose of this thread is to post in-character story posts and diplomacy for this game. Please discuss all organizational aspects of this game the Organization Thread.
    Use your Anonymous Apolyton Game Account to put posts in this thread.

The Dance of Civilizations is a diplomacy game.
    The players try to rule their empires like they are real. Role playing and story telling is an important way to achieve this.
    Fore more information visit the Diplogame FAQ by OzzyKP

For more information visit the Organization Thread.
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Guru Ahm'Az offers Code of Laws to Russia

To celebrate thousands of years of friendship,
    Ahm'Az of Persia offers the knowledge of Law to Russia.
    Persia will pay the voucher.

Ahm'Az wants to send out a strong message.
    Friends of Hastog will be rewarded!
    Enemies of Persia or Hastog will be crumbled.

Some call the Persians barbarians.
    That's only because they don't know the nature of true Hastogianism and self awareness.
    Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
    <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

feast of the high priests

A rare occasion, the four indian high priests are dining together in the Sha'Tao Citadel by the invitation of Zulkash to celebrate the 4000th anniversary of Delphi's foundation. They are:
      Zulkash, the first one, the oldest one. He is the holyest of the holy men, others call him the voice of the God.
      Kordush, the head of the taoist missionaries, He was the one who compiled the book of Sha'Tao.
      Nevaam, the head of the scholars. He is responsible to put the teachings of the God into practice.
      Prakesh, head of the templars, his duty to train the holy warriors and prepare the church againts the forces of darkness. However..

..the assembly of this holy army didnt go to well and Zulkash felt that they didnt take a strong enough line against those who ignore the warnings of Tao. He has conflicted wit Prakesh many times about this and it didnt take long to drive the conversation to this subject again... :

Z: That's the same lame excuse you gave us the last time and the previous dozen times before.. You must have lost your faith.. Tell me since when was the last time you actually asked for guidance from him?
      P: That's enough Zulkash, I'm doing my best as all of us, maybe you could see it with your own eyes if you ever left your underground caves!!
      Z: Fool! I can see more than you ever could imagine..
      K: Alright, alright.. No need to..
      P: And tell me oh, all seeing wise man if you can touch the ground of reality.. what would you do?
      Z: I'm saying it's time for a different approach and I can not undertand how can you ignore the fact that our time is running out and our goal is much far away than it ever was.
      P: Different approach?
      Z: Yes, Let's see your young apprentice for example what's his name? Ashoka, right?
      P: You can't be serious..
      Z: The "hero of Verguf", the one who you had expelled just after He returned victorious.. Let me read a part from a witness's report: " ..so Ashoka ordered the burning of all the unbelievers while himself stood in the main sqaure and was reading from the book of Sha'Tao aloud. His voice was firm and forcefull, even the screaming of the villagers couldnt oppress it.."
      P: That man is insane, my failure..
      Z: I'd watch how I talk about someone who follows the teachings of our Lord.
      P: He buthcered the whole village!
      Z: No, He eliminated those who refused the light, the choice was theirs. And now the rest of the villagers are all faithfull followers
      P: You mean that three.. and half..
      Z: Right, a hundred percent. As a matter of fact I have invited captain Ashoka here... -Zulkash waved to the guards-
      P: What??
      Z: ..So He could ad his views to this conversation
      K: You know it's quite irregular...
      -Ashoka walks in He bows deeply before the high priests-
      Z: Come and join us my friend. We may all learn from you succes and get inspiration from your faith which you have demonstrated so many times.
      A: I'm honored to be in the house of God
      P: Well, enjoy your stay, I'm leaving.
      Z: Wait!, my friend.. this matter allows of no delay. We must hesitate no longer
      P: You want to burn the world, eh? just dream on.. Verguf was a small barbarian village and wonder what would you do if you realize what is the true situation out there- Oh and you should explain this to the King, He..
      Z: The kings are no concern to us. They always do what we want one way or an other..
      P: I had enough of this madness- Prakesh standed up and was leaving
      Z: I accept you resignation-Zulkash smiled and noded to Ashoka.
      - Ashoka calmly walked to a guard and took a spear from his hand. The Guard just stand there and let his weapon to be taken. And Ashoka threw the spear directly into Prakesh's heart, black blood spilled on the floor.. high priest Prakesh was no more..

K: As I've said this is quite irregular-said Kordush with grim smile on his face
      Z: Our kind doesnt really retire after all- Zulkash laughed- Sit down, Nevaam, my friend.. this is God's will. He told me that our trust in Prakesh was wrongly placed and He will send us a true leader of our holy army, and now He is here. Come Ashoka, it's time to meet someone..
      Last edited by India (DoC); November 1, 2009, 11:29.

Comment

Suwasqa wasi hina simiyoq

Comment

The Armies boarded the Fleet and set sail for the Incan homelands.
          Each man on board was both fearful and excited.

Today marked the begining of a new voyage.

Today the mouse squeeked.!

Comment

The Ottoman Prince Murad made his way through Russia to the coast of the Al-Jazeera, entering the city of Moscow he was greeted with royal courtesy and honors. He was given fine cloth to wear, and beautiful weapons made by the master smith of Novgorod himself. Much honor was bestowed upon him, for he was the first foreign noble to visit Moscow.

He was then introduced to the Lady Catherine, Princess of Russia, High Priestess and Bride of Hastog, Protector of Kola. They walked in the palace gardens and Catherine questioned the young Prince on many matters of which she considered important for a ruler. The Prince answered well, and Catherine took a liking to his staunch, yet wily demeanor. Then she said to him
            Young Prince Murad, you seem a man of wisdom and strength, these are attributes valued in Russia, and needed to rule people without use of force. Unfortunately, though you have proven yourself to me, and my word is law, if the time comes that I shall pass away and you are married to Dominika, then the Slavs who are simple people may take issue with a foreigner ruling in their lands. Because of this, you must make for yourself a name in Russia. Only by great deed can you gain the popularity of the people that will stay with you throughout your life. Therefore, I see no other option than to give you a quest. If you succeed, the Russians will speak highly of you, love you and see you as a hero. Then my daughter's hand in marriage will be yours.

I understand, answered Murad, I will then take a name that the Russian will come to know and cherish. I am Murad ibn Usman, but from today, I will take the name Pavel Murad-ib. Tell me of this quest you have for me.

You have a retinue of soldiers with you, but they are no more than a small guard. I want you to go to the Ottoman lands and bring me an armed host of men. I care not how you raise such an army, but I am certain that you can do so. When you have brought an army of at least 50,000 men to Moscow, a wedding of magnitude will be thrown. For he who can undertake the leadership of men not by right of birth, but by guile and courage, deserves to rule, and a strong man may marry my daughter.

This task I will complete, but I must ask, shall not your daughter and I meet? Has she no say in the matter?

You prove yourself to me again, Pavel Murad-ib. This was in itself a test, for my daughter is as fierce as the raging fires of the Hastogian underworld, and a man who cares not for her opinion would not last long in this world. You smile, warrior, well I can assure you, she is deadly like a viper. A lion may not fear the wolf, but all beasts fear the snake, for she is cunning and ruthless. I will let you meet my daughter before you leave.
            Bare derutsya — u kholopov chuby treschat.
            The Russian Dynasty:
            Samo the Headbanded
            Catherine the Progenitor
            Dominika Ekatarinova
            (Konya the Lost)
            Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

A report came to Ivan of Nova Semlja.

-Mylord. A Byzantine settlement has been discovered by our chariot patrols. On Kola!

Notify the Protector immediately. Send the Byzantines a message that they must remove their settlement immediately.
              The Russian Dynasty:
              Samo the Headbanded
              Catherine the Progenitor
              Dominika Ekatarinova
              (Konya the Lost)
              Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

K'Paki was born into the Mali nation, the son of peasants who worked hard just to have enough food on the table. In order to help their son grow, they sent him to the temple for religious studies hoping he would become a monk and live well as an adult. K'Paki was a very smart young man and was very devoted to his religious studies. As he grew older and wiser, he realized the wonder that is Tao was so very powerful. He became the supreme leader of Mali for Taoism and was known throughout the land as a very wise man. He was so entwined in the Taoism that he began going by his Tao name: Chung-Tzu and so wise that he became the chief advisor for The Great Korta. Together with The Great Korta, Chung-Tzutaught the mali people that the Tao gods loved them and wanted them to be happy. This could only be accomplished by The Great Korta who was appointed by the Tao gods themselves to be the high ruler of Mali. Although this practice of naming the next Great Korta had been passed from son to son over the centuries, it was now an official decree by the ruler of the heavens. With Chung-Tzu's help, Tao became dominant across Mali establishing both hereditary rule and theology across the land.

Comment

Theodosius looked at the Governer of Antioch and the Admiral of the Ice Sea,

"Is there any doubt?"

"No my lord, at first when it was just some rumours among the fish-wives and then some lost boats we thought little of it, but then we started to find wreckage, and then we all saw it - a huge pirate flleet sailed into the north bay of Antioch."

"Where have they come from? I thought that between our friends the Greeks in the West and the Eyptians in the East, the coast of civilised"

"That is true my lord in respect of the continent, but there are many islands in the ice sea, some seemingly quite large though we have never circumnavigated any of them. But we know of at least three - one north-west of Niceae, one north-east of Antioch and one to the north of Nicomedia - there may well be more".

"And that is where they are based, these pirates?"

"Yes my lord, we have long heard rumours of the peaople of the ice, but finally it seems they have buld a great fleet and have come south to raid our lands"

Theodosius paused, for a long minute. Was this not now a time for peace? But he knew what he must do, he knew that pirates and barbarians stood poised as always to destroy the civilisation which Byzantium stood for.

"Destroy the pirates. Hunt down their ships. Build fleets. Find their villages. Bring civilisation to the islands of the ice sea. This is our destiny, in the wilds of this world, abandoned by others, the haunt of murders and bandits, we will being civilisation".
                  Βασιλεύς Βασιλέων Βασιλεύων Βασιλευόντων

Comment

The armies of the Governor were in standoff for ages, year after year passed, new sons sent to the front line. but still no action.

Things moved very slowly in this world apparently.

Comment

Persia,

We Ottomans wished to know if the recent actions you took were hostile, you replied by mocking us.

Us, the ones who harbored the first of the Hastog exiles, us who are so far behind you technoligically that you are of another age, us who have never taken a hostile action against anyone else.

Your armies stand very close to our lands now and we cannot accept that they move a single step closer.

If your units move onto the unguarded plain field that would bring them closer to our lands still, we are telling you right now, we will have no choice but to declare immediate war and the battle will start right there.

It is up to you.

We do not want a war, we are even happy to tolerate your outpost on the tip of the peninsula, but we cannot let you move forward, it is a question of our survival.

We are open to negotiation if you'd like to do so in pms, but one step closer will mean bloodshed for us both.

Respectfully,

The Ottomans.

Comment

The Secret story of Lone Horn

Many moons ago the Native American adventurer, Chief Lone Horn, set out alone on his voyage of exploration in his adapted canoe and with an ample supply of provisions and peace pipes and tobacco. He thought that the journey of discovery would take just a few summers and that after a reasonable period of time he would arrive back with wondrous tales of the lands he had seen.

He promised that as best he could, he would keep ‘Touch the Cloud’ and the other chiefs up date with his travels via the traditional ‘smoke signal ‘ system. But the further and longer he explored the more difficult this became. So he asked the leaders and especially the traders, of those peoples he met, that if they met with his Native American tribe, that they tell of his travels.

But weeks turned into months and years. The winters were difficult for travel and some times he had to spend months waiting for contact with foreign leaders to get permission to sail in their coastal waters.

So often he spent a lot of time in coastal villages. His peace pipe was a big success. To cut a long story short, Lone Horn was a big hit with the squaws. He acquired a wife and child and off they would sail to the next land.

Lone Horn had always wondered about the traditional Native American explanation of the origin of life and it’s meaning and as he travelled he heard of other peoples beliefs, which caused him to question his own religion. Little did he know that back in his homeland, a new belief system was gathering pace.

Therefore to somehow safeguard his brothers and sisters back home, from these new beliefs, he swore his family to continue with the story that, he Lone Horn was still on a voyage of discovery.

So even after the original Lone Horn died, his male offspring, who had inherited his amazing ‘Peace pipes’, begat and begat and took their father’s name in his memory and continued the journey in the same pattern.

Back in his homeland, even his tribe was astounded at his longevity and traders from a nearby nation poked fun at the great age this Lone Horn must be, ‘Wow, he must be a even bigger, Little Big Man’

Slowly over time the true achievements of Lone Horn reached home.
                        I have seen that in any great undertaking it is not enough for a man to depend simply upon himself.

Lone Man (Isna-la-wica)(Teton Sioux)

Comment

Ahm'Az read the Ottoman letter

He grinned.
                          At least they got some balls.
                          Then he returned a letter:

Ottomans,

First I have to give you some credits!
                          You got the balls to confront Persia!
                          You were able to read our message!
                          You responded to our message!
                          You understood that it was mockery!
                          You were able to settle the peninsula pretty fast!

Hastog will be proud of you!
                          Hairy be his arse.

But now you write this 2nd message to me.
                          And still you are not clarifying to me why
                          you feel insulted and threatened by us.

Our armies are close to your lands because
                          you approach our lands with armies.
                          It's not that we do not want to insult you
                          or threaten you. Insulting and threatening
                          is our favorite way of spending time.

No, it's only that we don't know how we
                          did insult and threaten you.
                          Please explain!
                          Which are the actions you asked us about
                          if they are hostile?

Ottomans, don't be afraid.
                          Persia knows your Hastogianistic nature!
                          We never had any plans to invade you or seize
                          your territory.
                          Persia actually has enough of it's own.

Your acknowledge of the Persian settlement
                          on what you call "The tip of the peninsula" is
                          not needed, but welcomed and noted.
                          We will acknowledge all Ottoman lands as well,
                          though we are not pleased with the settlement
                          of your latest city, which is way too close to
                          ours.

Now let's finally bury all misunderstandings between
                          the both our nations.
                          I am willing to treat Ottomania as one of the Hastogian
                          friends of Persia.
                          No need for you to feel threatened.

We will support you when you're invaded by non Hastogianists.
                          We'll trade technologies with each other first.
                          We will not declare war upon each other.
                          We will respect your territory

You will be prepared to support us in war if we ask you to.
                          You will help us to spread Hastogianism around the world.
                          What about that?
                          Force is always beside the point when subtlety will serve
                          <a href = "http://apolyton.net/forums/showpost.php?p=5759340&postcount=49">Darius order to kill Oroetes</a></p>

Comment

Dominika! What have you done? This is surely madness!

-No mother, this is Russia! And those are Russian lands by treaty and by payment. We paid for that land and we will have it. And those who sold it to us should aid us in claiming it.

I understand and share your outrage, but what you have done is going to have a lot of consequences. Consequences that may not be to your liking! Russia is yours when I die, but until then I make the decisions, I give orders to the armies and I make the final decisions!! And if you don't behave I will break you in to good behaviour like a horse herder at Novgorod would do! Do I make myself clear!?

-Yes, mother, but this affront cannot be allowed to go unanswered!

Do you really think that I do not know this? Do you really think, that I, Catherine, Princess of Russia, High Priestess of Hastog and Protector of Kola, am too old and weak to know when and where to show strength? Now order your swordsman guard to march to their appointed garrison at Village Smolensk and stay there or I will consider this an act of rebellion and have them put to death and you whipped!

-Yes mother...

And while we are at it, I want you to continue your training and when finished, there will be a task for you. Do it well and you will be given more than just a swordsman guard. Now, tell me, how did your meeting with Pavel Murad-ib go?

-Well... I...

A messenger enters: My Lady Princess, the explorer Feodor has sent a map for you.

Hmmm, let me see that. You will have to tell me about Pavel later.

The Russian Dynasty:
                            Samo the Headbanded
                            Catherine the Progenitor
                            Dominika Ekatarinova
                            (Konya the Lost)
                            Igor Exilaskaya

Comment

Message from the high priests

The minister read the letter and went completely pale- and this is what I should...
                              -This is what you are going to.. send to each nation.
                              -I.. I Can't.. I must consult with the King's advisors.. I belive Ashoka should consult with the King himself
                              -High priest Ashoka needs to consult with no one and even the King must obey to God's wishes.. maybe you should go and explain your hesitation to Zulkash himself-The messenger priest smiled, the letter was sent..

From High Priest Ashoka

Nations of the world! Hear the message of the God and the Taoist church!

We are deeply dissapointed and dissatisfied with your attitude to the true faith. Seems many of you haven't realized yet how grave our situation is and hesitate folloving our guidance. But be not mistaken...our patience is not limitless...

To the Mali and the Natives: You are our brothers and sisters in faith, and while your soul is safe you must not just stand idle but should help us advocate the Sha'Tao to all who still needs it. And if the time comes You shall be ready to stand besides us fighting the evil hordes.

To the Quechua: Tell us.. why are you hesitating embracing the true faith? All your people are faithfull follovers yet you still hadn't accepted the Tao. You should be the light on that troubled continent and helping us to spread the truth to the others. Listen To your people and do not hesitate any longer!

To Korea: Know we are watching your island as well. Many of your cities have already the true faith-you must listen to them untill it's too late. We have heard that there were "communication problems", some say that your chosen diplomats are mute... not a wise choice if it's true.. but it must be just a legend, isn't it?

To Byzantium Stop spreading your fairy tales and thus dooming your own and other nation's people! Peace and love, eh? I wonder how will that protect your soul from the demons when they come.. But maybe we won't let you see that.. we can't just stand idle and watch your wrongdoing too much longer. We ask you: open your eyes, repent your sins and convert to the Sha'Tao. We will gadly give any help we can.

To Egypt: Tell us..: What kind of evil plot are you hatching in your so called "Freindship city"?? Know we are watching... You should also realize that your soul is in danger and convert to the true faith NOW.

To England An other country of lost souls and what is even worse You are even denying the chance of salvation from your people. How dare you closing the border in front of our missionaries?? And by your action you doomed our expedition fleet to certain death as they can't come home now. We won't forgive you this easily...

To Greece, Rome, Arabia, to all the MADs: Your 'religion' is as misled as the Byzantine's. Instead of forming alliances based on a false religion you should learn about the truth of Tao. Now we have other priorities but sooner or later we will get to you too. Hope you will listen to our missionaries who are visiting your countires despite the big distances.

To the Ottomans, Russians, Brittons, to Persia and all his minions: We haven't met yet, but we know you are out there. And we have learnt that your soul might be beyond salvation already. But for those who are not lost completely we will bring hope. We will protect the world from the follovers of the Fat Pig and from all his demons. When the time comes the God will teach us to build bigger and faster ships, then we will come..soon..

Ashoka, high priest of the Sha'Tao, 4130 OD, Delphi

Comment

Working...
                              X