Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football '10 - Conference switching chaos!!

Continued from:

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Wow. That was the most baffling loss I think I've ever experienced.
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

GAAAAAAAHHHHHH...
      Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

How can you have 8 turnovers and still only lose by 2 points? Has that ever happened before?

God, we should've hired Paul Johnson...
        KH FOR OWNER!
        ASHER FOR CEO!!
        GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Nebraska will never be considered for the Top Ten again, for perpetuity.
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Be fair. It isn't like we lost to Appalachian State.
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Be fair. App State was a much better team than Iowa State.

Comment

No. Iowa State is mediocre, not terrible. Certainly better than a non-FBS team.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

App State was the defending I-AA Champs, and went on to repeat later that year.

For the record, by way of comparasion, the current top rated I-AA team in the "Predictor" is Northern Iowa, at #56; it's reasonable to assume that is where App State would've been. Iowa State is #64.

(Also, for the record, that Michigan team went on to become the only team to date to beat the Urban Meyer-Tim Tebow Gators in a bowl game. In fact, they dominated the once and future champs.)

Comment

App State was the defending I-AA Champs, and went on to repeat later that year.

So what? The best team in I-AA is still a I-AA team.

For the record, by way of comparasion, the current top rated I-AA team in the "Predictor" is Northern Iowa, at #56; it's reasonable to assume that is where App State would've been.

I don't accept that assumption.

Also, for the record, that Michigan team went on to become the only team to date to beat the Urban Meyer-Tim Tebow Gators in a bowl game. In fact, they dominated the once and future champs.

For the record, even the Bill Callahan-led Huskers managed to beat Michigan in a bowl game.
                    KH FOR OWNER!
                    ASHER FOR CEO!!
                    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

On the bright side, this was better than losing to Purdue. Nebraska has fallen, but only to the level of a Big Ten power...
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

That goes without saying.

However, your doubt of the cream of the I-AA crop is unfounded based on your previously espoused love for statistical analysis.

Comment

I'm just messing with you. My real opinion is that losing to either Iowa State or Appalachian State is so embarrassing that you really can't say which one is worse.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Incidentally, found the data:

App State came in at #58 in the Predictor.

Comment

Damn, ND's pass defense sucks. Making the crappy BC quarterback look like he's in the Heisman race.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X