Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A way to cut the federal government budget down to size.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A way to cut the federal government budget down to size.

Since Southern states ironically have this unhinged phobia about a pro-active federal government and are obsessed with nickel and diming all government spending to decrease our deficit spending all the while Southern states actually receive greater federal government funding for various services and infrastructure, I have an idea.

Let all the governors and state legislatures of all Southern states cut themselves off from all federal government spending. The Northern and Western states can keep theirs, but even by cutting only the larger amount to the Southern states should dramatically decrease our deficit spending.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Yeah. Interesting point. As it turns out, many Southern governors, such as Rick Perry (Texas) and Mark Sanford (South Carolina) wanted to turn down federal "bailout" money, but got castigated because of their position by the liberals, ie, you.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think we should charge a stupid-gay tax. If you're horrendously stupid and horrendously gay then you have to pay ten bucks for every word you type in an online forum.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I don't suppose there's anything else that I can add. It seems to be covered.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I like where you are going with this Mr. Fun. Taking your logic to its natural conclusion, we should obviously cut all benefit programs aimed at segments of the population that consume more in government services than they pay for in taxes.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I can't speak for South Carolina, but Texas is managing affairs just fine. David wrote of it. I assume that he knew about both.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Texas actually has one of the top economies in the nation right now. Perry and Dewhurst have both written editorials about this, and the facts back them up.

In other words, liberals fails. **** liberals.
              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd View Post
                ... liberals fails.
                We does??

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos View Post
                  Taking your logic to its natural conclusion, we should obviously cut all benefit programs aimed at segments of the population that consume more in government services than they pay for in taxes.
                  I don't see how that's analogous... he's talking about how the South is supposedly hypocritical for decrying big government while taking big-government handouts. The "segments of the population" to which you're referring frequently are fans of big government because of the handouts they get, so the principle he raises wouldn't apply to them. Unless I'm misreading the silly OP.
                  Last edited by Darius871; October 24, 2009, 01:44.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                    I think we should charge a stupid-gay tax. If you're horrendously stupid and horrendously gay then you have to pay ten bucks for every word you type in an online forum.

Do you have enough cash?
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                      I don't see how that's analogous... he's talking about how the South is supposedly hypocritical for decrying big government while taking big-government handouts.
                      You get TWO cookies.

Comment

He gets no cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
                          He gets no cookies.
                          Hey, I didn't say I agreed. I just engaged in a little reading comprehension without taking sides.
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                            Do you have enough cash?
                            I'm safe, because pictures of dickgirls don't count as words.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                              Hey, I didn't say I agreed. I just engaged in a little reading comprehension without taking sides.
                              So you don't agree that the South is hypocritical in opposing a more pro-active federal government while gobbling up federal government subsidies and funding?

Comment

Working...
                              X