• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come Fly Away in My Beautiful Balloon

Deputies chase boy floating in balloon aircraft
    Cops: 6-year-old takes off in family's experimental helium-balloon craft
    LINK

FORT COLLINS. Colo. - Authorities were trying to determine Thursday how to safely bring down a 6-year-old boy who reportedly clambered into his family's experimental balloon-powered aircraft and floated away from home, sheriff's officials said.

The Larimer County Sheriff's Department said the boy's family had been building an experimental aircraft that had a large helium balloon attached to it at their home, KUSA-TV reported. The aircraft was approximately 20 feet by 5 feet and covered in tin foil, the station said.

On Thursday morning, according to the family and officials, the boy got onto the aircraft and detached the rope holding it in place. Sheriff's spokeswoman Eloise Campanella said the boy climbed into the access door and the airborne device took off.

Several people in the neighborhood said they saw the aircraft floating over their homes and some snapped pictures.

Television news helicopters were tracking the craft, which was last seen floating south of Milliken, about 40 miles north of Denver.

Officials were scrambling to figure out how to rescue the boy.

The craft, which is shaped like a flying saucer, has the potential to rise to 10,000 feet, Campanella said.
    Kids these days with their knife/spoons and balloon crafts. This is why we control kids Ozzy.
    Monkey!!!

Obviously the whole controlling kids plan is working really, really well. Lets keep it up.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

WTF, Japher? Only two sentences for your own comments?
      Last edited by MrFun; October 15, 2009, 16:38.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Two sentences. However, they were very impactful sentences, typed with passion and exuberance. Clearly.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

IMAGINATION! IMAAAAAGINATION! IMAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGIIIIIIIINATION!
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

This is why kids should be locked in cages, only to be let out under tight supervision.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

News here says that the kid wasn't in it when it landed - was it a dropout or wasn't the brat in it at liftoff ?
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                wasn't the brat in it at liftoff ?
                Math says that one, if you trust CNN to do math.

Er.

Never mind.
                "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Kids are a menace to society and should be outlawed.

Write your congressman today.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
                    Obviously the whole controlling kids plan is working really, really well. Lets keep it up.
                    If the brat somehow survived this stupidity the cost of the search and rescue should be sent to him and not to the parents.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

His name is Falcon.

Comment

A younger and poorer D. B. Cooper.

*Wezil waits for the kids at the forum to look up the reference...
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten View Post
                          IMAGINATION! IMAAAAAGINATION! IMAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGIIIIIIIINATION!

For once Drake said something funny!
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                            A younger and poorer D. B. Cooper.

*Wezil waits for the kids at the forum to look up the reference...
                            Who doesn't know about DB Cooper?

(really)
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

DB Cooper

Me (for saying something Oerdin approves of)
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X