Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the Good Times Roll!

The DJIA just rose above 10,000!!

On Feb. 1, 2009, it was way down at 8,000.
    We've had a 25% increase in stock prices in just 8 1/2 months!
    And the stock market is a leading indicator.

There's good times ahead!

Yay! Rich people are richer!
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post

On Feb. 1, 2009, it was way down at 8,000.
      We've had a 25% increase in stock prices in just 8 1/2 months!
      And the stock market is a leading indicator.

There's good times ahead!

This is idiotic. Less idiotic than BK, but still idiotic.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

The really funny part was Fox News claiming the DOW going over 10,000 was "The Bush Recovery"!

Yep, for months and months Fox said that the DOW being down was President Obama's fault as if there was no global financial crisis or a recession which started in Nov 2007. Now Fox claims that the DOW once again going past 10,000 is proof that Bush's tax cuts in 2001 are working so this is "The Bush Recovery"! Yes folks, Fox says the recession which started in late 2007 is Obama's fault but now the recovery in 2009 is Bush's recovery. This, of course, ignores all history and reason but that is typical for Fox News.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

That is precious as hell!

Jon Stewart in 20 minutes...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Why is Oerdin so pathetically predictabe?
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

It didn't happen without a cite anyway.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

It just happened today so right now all I can find is a screen shot posted on Think Progress but I'm sure video will be up shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler View Post
                  Who are you and what have you done to DanS
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Is this a joke? The recession is still ongoing for me and many other people I know who are still looking for full time work. But I guess the job market doesn't matter to retired baby boomers who are far so ****ing self absorbed, they only use their own stock portfolio to gage "good times".

Comment

Only 4000 more to go before he reaches the depth of the Bush depression.

Where were these threads when the Big O was tanking?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It's a leading indicator. Investors are putting their money where they think the economy is going rather then where it is right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          It's a leading indicator. Investors are putting their money where they think the economy is going rather then where it is right now.
                          Or where their dollars won't depreciate in value that much relative to other currencies because of Federal Reserve balance sheet expansion. Leading indicator of nothing but speculation.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

.....although if you examine the figures for VOLUME (small, diminishing with time, and made up of High Frequency Trading programs), this is a market driven by a few large institutional investors.

Hmmmmm.....do we know of any large institutional investors who just received large amounts of money?

The question is should public money really be dumped into the stock market?

I'll point out again the incredible highs in nominal price reached by the stock exchanges of Weimar Germany and Zimbabwe.
                            "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                            "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                            "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Intel is the first of the tech stocks to report profits:
                              Intel's profits vastly exceed market's expectations.

Chase is the first of the banking stocks to report profits:
                              Chase's profits vastly exceed market's expectations.

Comment

Working...
                              X