Build Queues - Save and Load?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Queues - Save and Load?

I've played so many 4X games (going back to Civ2), and can never remember which games have which features. I recently fired up SMAC/X again and am enjoying it, like an old friend. I've spent about an hour googling this and checking Apolyton forums and cannot find the answer. I even actually read the manual!

Does SMAC/X support saving and loading of queues? That is, setting a standard series of 8 things I want to queue up and just hitting one button (or combo) to load it up?

In an unrelated note, when is someone going to take the best of MOO2, SMAC, and CIV4 and make the ultimate 4X game?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Yep, just right click the queue and you can load/save.

It's not mentioned in the manual - I only found it by accident.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
      Yep, just right click the queue and you can load/save.

It's not mentioned in the manual - I only found it by accident.
      Right click?!??!!? I gotta pick up the mouse!?!?!

What kind of 1990's game is this!?!?!

Thanks very much, BlackCat. If anyone knows of a hotkey, I'd be most grateful, but this is certainly better than manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Kardinal View Post
        Right click?!??!!? I gotta pick up the mouse!?!?!
        This is a windows game, not some fraeky DOS space invader - you are supposed to use the mouse

What kind of 1990's game is this!?!?!
        Probably the best ever made
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

This is a windows game, not some fraeky DOS space invader - you are supposed to use the mouse
          That was sarcasm, in case it wasn't obvious.

I'm just a keyboard guy, especially when I get to 293847239847 cities. I do love that "H"urry has its own key though.

Probably the best ever made
          It's up there with Tie Fighter, Wing Commander III, and MOO II, certainly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kardinal View Post
            That was sarcasm, in case it wasn't obvious.
            Uhmn, what do you think the was ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

If only you could add que's to multiple cities at the same time like in Call to power series, this game would require much less micro. Oh what I wouldn't give for that when I'm playing a game with 40+ cities.

Que's, besides saving micro, can help you in two glitchy ways.

You can load up a que of an aqua farm into a landlocked base to get around the location restriction on aquatic buildings.

You can switch production without paying the retooling penalty if you switch production by loading a que with what you want to produce.

Comment

Therefore, I recently started to like maps 30x60. Even with ICS, micromanagement doesn't hurt that much.
                Mart
                Map creation contest
                WPC SMAC(X) Democracy Game - Morganities aspire to dominate Planet

Comment

I wish the build que was twice as long. Then you could have a singularity engine-powered aircraft carrier under construction, and in the 16-slot que you could order up all the things you want loaded on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X