Best LucasArts Adventure Game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best LucasArts Adventure Game?

Best part of this poll? No wrong answers. Some are more right than others, but no wrong answers.
    Maniac Mansion
    4.55%
    Zak McCracken and the Alien Mindbenders
    0.00%
    Loom
    0.00%
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    4.55%
    Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
    18.18%
    Sam & Max Hit the Road
    4.55%
    The Secret of Monkey Island
    22.73%
    Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
    4.55%
    Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle
    13.64%
    Full Throtle
    0.00%
    The Dig
    0.00%
    The Curse of Monkey Island
    0.00%
    Escape From Monkey Island
    0.00%
    Grim Fandango
    18.18%
    Monkey Island: Return of the Banana
    9.09%
    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

I ultimately go with Grim Fandango, as I think it is the most fully realized game as far as plot, atmosphere, writing, and gameplay go. However, I could be convinced to go with several others, including MM: DOTT, IJatFoA, S&M, and either of the first two MI games. Hell, even Loom might sneak in there, just for being so ambitious and groundbreaking.

Comment

as close to my heart as the secret of monkey island is, i had to go with Day of the Tentacle. wasn't it one of the first adventure games with a full-on voice cast?
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

One of the first, I think. But they did release a full voice-over version of Fate of Atlantis, too.

I love Day of the Tentacle. Every so often, the satanic electronic laughter of the weeble-clown goes through my head, even to this day.

Comment

I'd go with the original MI if you held a gun to my head. But it's really hard as DoTT, Grim Fandango and Sam and Max all count amongst my favourites.

And loads of others on the list are great.

Comment

Definitely DOTT. DOTT is fun, crazy and thoroughly enjoyable.
            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I've played Loom, Full Throttle and Indiana Jones and his Desktop Adventures.

Seriously, I'm surprised Full Throttle hasn't been mentioned, or Indy in the search of the Holy Grail. I would probably say Indy's desktop adventures. Amazing game.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

The original MI. DoTT was a close second, but a game without a giant monkey head just isn't complete.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                  I've played Loom, Full Throttle and Indiana Jones and his Desktop Adventures.

Seriously, I'm surprised Full Throttle hasn't been mentioned, or Indy in the search of the Holy Grail. I would probably say Indy's desktop adventures. Amazing game.
                  Indy and his Desktop Adventures? Never heard of that game...
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Oh holy **** Ben.

Indiana Jones and His Desktop Adventures?

You just had to prove me wrong, and pick a wrong answer. That's not even a true adventure game!

Comment

"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: The Graphic Adventure"

I misrecalled 'Graphic' for Desktop.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Last Crusade is a very good game that never had the following it perhaps deserved. But it's no MI/DoTT.

Comment

Last Crusade

Fate of Atlantis

His Desktop Adventures

Comment

It was a close call between Maniac Mansion: Day of the Tentacle and The Curse of Monkey Island. But in the end, DOTT just barely wins. Both awesome and hilarious though.
                            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I'm surprised so many went for the original Monkey Island when the third one (Curse) is clearly the best of the whole series.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X