Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
    How did Jokkinen look?
    He was very, very good last night. Nearly had a hattrick. Was the 1st star.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

See this fantasy league already has me more interested in hockey than I've been in years
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What was your excuse last year?
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Uh....

*runs*
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
            How did Jokkinen look?
            Dominant-- First star of the game -- pretty much exactly like he looked in his first 2-3 games when he joined the Flames last year
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post

with McGratton---- Lundemark, Jaffry and a few others can compete for the last taxi squad spot
              McGrattan will be the new Bertuzzi, but an even bigger liability. I watched him when I sat in on the first skate Tuesday morning at training camp - the guy stickhandles like a kid in peewee. No puck protection at all.

Kipper looked dismal last night. Thank god Fleury is here to distract us all...

Comment

Originally posted by woollyleanne View Post
                McGrattan will be the new Bertuzzi, but an even bigger liability. I watched him when I sat in on the first skate Tuesday morning at training camp - the guy stickhandles like a kid in peewee. No puck protection at all.
                Well he is meant to be the next Roy or Goddard (both of whom were relatively careful whenever the puck happened upon them between fights)

Originally posted by woollyleanne View Post
                Kipper looked dismal last night. Thank god Fleury is here to distract us all...

Yup but one game-- preseason yadda yadda yadda

he does look bigger in the net with his new equipment and the word from camp is that he is in "the best shape he has ever been at this time of year"-- Apparently he was quite pissed with his season last year and worked hard all summer-- Hi\opefully this actually makes a difference
                You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

The drama surrounding Phil Kessel has finally come to an end as the Boston Bruins have traded their disgruntled sniper to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for a 1st and a 2nd round pick in 2010, and a 1st round pick in 2011 pending a trade call which is currently underway. Kessel and the Maple Leafs then quickly agreed to terms on a new five-year, $27 million deal.

Comment

Go LEAFS!
                    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Ballsy move...picking up Kessel
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I admit I like the Leafs a helluva lot more under Burke than JFJ. He's "quietly" assembling a tough team. I may even watch some Leafs games, now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                          Ballsy move...picking up Kessel
                          You're going to burn in hell. And I'll be right there with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
                            Bally move...picking up Kessel

Fixed.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'm just glad the drama is over-- I like him less as a Leaf than a Bruin although who knows it could work out to mean even more PP time and scoring. Sometimes a scorer on a weak team can be a boon--(less games where they have big defensive responsibilities to protect that 3-1 lead and more games where you can go all out offensively when trailing .

Comment

At least this is taken care of. Figured it would go this way, though might have been nicer to not deal him within the division. TOs draft picks should be abit nicer than the Bruins for the next 2 years anyway. I wouldn't have like any move boston would have needed to make to keep him at that price anyways. It'll be interesting to see how he does without Savard as a setup man, though he should be getting plenty of playing time on the leafs. Leaves us some room under the cap to juggle with over the season too.

Comment

Working...
                                X