No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 09/10 (II): We're very perverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to back road overtime games for the Flames...back to back wins.

I'm a bit concerned over the lack of scoring, but I'm pleased with the goaltending.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• The Canucks are scouting Forsberg...do we really need to have one of these every season?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
        The Canucks are scouting Forsberg...do we really need to have one of these every season?

nooooooooooooooooooo--- Seriously-- IF they have the cap space why don't they trade for someone thats actually playing instead of signed a retired ex-superstar
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Back to back road overtime games for the Flames...back to back wins.

I'm a bit concerned over the lack of scoring, but I'm pleased with the goaltending.

I missed this game entirely as we went out for a fancy dinner BUT the post-game radio reports were very positive-- I like that Kipper had a great game on the heels of a Mcbackup great game

Now if that vaunted defence could start shutting dowm opposing teams on a regular basis this team could be in business
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber View Post
            nooooooooooooooooooo--- Seriously-- IF they have the cap space why don't they trade for someone thats actually playing instead of signed a retired ex-superstar

Because that would involve giving up a player, prospect or draft pick?

Which isn't to say that I necessarily think it's a good idea, just that it's easier to insert someone that isn't currently signed.
            "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
            "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
            "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki View Post
              Because that would involve giving up a player, prospect or draft pick?

Well obviously-- I just don't understand their seeming obsession with past their prime, retired Swedish former superstars

Comment

• Flames?--Another solid win again on the back of Mikka playing great. I love to see Kipper playing well but am troubled by her fact that again the Flames gave up too many shots and chances

In other news the Leafs crush Detroit, word has it they are planning the Cup parade--- Seriously though I expected the Leafs to be better than their start indicated. They should be just good enough to tease their fans with playoff possibilities but unless their goalie plays like a superman, I don't see the playoffs actually in their future this year

Comment

• Facts for Ben

Both of Calgary's goalies -- including the backup that Ben made fun of pointedly a bit last year -- have better numbers than Luongo.

Kipper: .912 svp
                  Macklebackup: .913 svp
                  Roberto 7-goals Luongo: .902 svp

Comment

• In other other news, Ovechkin is on the IR now-- hmm I have Ovechkin and Hossa on the IR together in auction. Has there ever been a more talented pair on the IR together?
                    Last edited by Flubber; November 9, 2009, 11:30.

Comment

• Luongo is finally on the IR as well, which lets me pick up another goaltender. What a joke.

I picked up THE MONSTER. I've given up on the "W" category.

Comment

• Speaking of goalies, the Cam Ward injury made it easy to do what I should have done earlier and drop him-- I fully expect he will come back with decent sv% later this year but in a "shallow" league like our auction one, its usually pretty easy to find someone else that is performing pretty well

Comment

• Glencross got a 3-game suspension for the hit on Drury last game.

Comment

Glencross got a 3-game suspension for the hit on Drury last game.

No shock-- Some replays indicate the puck was pretty far away. At first I though it was just a normal hockey play of hitting a guy while the puck was coming with an unfortunate result.

Afetr watching the replays though I can understand the suspension. The NHL is trying to walk the fine line in having a hitting game but wanting to deter these blindsides

Comment

• The play looked completely identical to one not too long ago on Booth. No suspension there.

Just depends if the guy doing the hit is a star or not.

Comment

Luongo is finally on the IR as well, which lets me pick up another goaltender. What a joke.

I picked up THE MONSTER. I've given up on the "W" category.
                                In one yahoo league (with only one IR spot allowed) I have

Ilya Kovalchuk
                                Roberto Luongo
                                She Weber

none of whom I want to lose-- As it stands Kovalchuk is on the IR while Luongo and Weber just sit.

I actually have another guy just go to IR but since he is just a goon ( the league uses PIM) he should be easy to replace

The Monster is a decent pickup-- The leafs can be good for a win or two on any given week and his sv % is pretty good IIRC

Comment

Working...
                                X