No announcement yet.

AHL- Apolyton Hockey League 09/10 (II): We're very perverse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's Patrik Stefan blowing an empty netter on the same end of the ice a couple years back:

And Steve Smith's own-goal against Calgary in the playoffs, on the same end of the ice:
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Steve Smith's own goal and Peter Pocklington's finances...

How many in a row could they have won?

I can live with the cruelties of fate when I have been privileged to watch the greatest team to ever wear skates.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• The Old Guy does the kid a favour....

By VICKI H. SUN, OCT 4 2009

Craig Conroy knows what it's like to be demoted. So he has a good idea of how former rookie sensation Sam Gagner must feel as the fourth-line centre for the Edmonton Oilers.

So the 38-year-old did the 20-year-old a massive favour Saturday by dropping the gloves off the faceoff in a 4-3 Calgary Flames victory at Rexall Place.

“Mutual agreement," Gagner told reporters after the game. "I don’t have anything againstg him personally, but I was just trying to get involved any way I could."

Conroy lost his balance, Gagner fell on top, and the crowd went wild.

Gagner then went on to score the game-tying goal— not a bad start to his quest to regain his job as a top-line forward.

Conroy has only three fights in his NHL career. The first one came against his future best friend, Jarome Iginla, back in 2000. Then came a tussle last year with Jared Boll, of the Columbus Blue Jackets.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Damnit, Luongo keeps getting worse.

4 goals on 12 frickin shots.

I never thought I'd see the day that a team would PULL LUONGO and put RAYCROFT in his place. That's how bad this is!

Comment

• Looking for comments/criticism of my draft team that I did with my regular group IRL tonight...overall I am happy with my team I think, though I took a couple chancy players that I might like to have the picks back....any thoughts?

Code:
            Parise, Zach LW
            Richards, Mike C 
            Perry, Corey RW 
            Ribeiro, Mike C 
            Hemsky, Ales RW 
            Weiss, Stephen C 
            Versteeg, Kris RW 
            Kesler, Ryan C 
            Huselius, Kristian LW 
            Staal, Jordan C 
            Backes, David 
            Elias, Patrik LW 
            Kessel, Phil C 
            Lupul, Joffrey RW 
            Wideman, Dennis D 
            Glencross, Curtis LW
            [action=Sparrowhawk][/action]
            "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• How deep is that league? Looks like a great team.

Comment

• What are the counting categories? How many teams?

Edit: I take it it's just points, not Yahoo.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• 11 teams, 16 players each I picked 7th (and 16th etc).

and 1 point is a point, nothing to difficult

[action=Sparrowhawk][/action]
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Looks solid.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

• The Flames are now 5 for 7 on the powerplay to start the season. Unreal.

Comment

• Eric frickin Nystrom just got a hattrick.

If Calgary's 1st line ever starts playing, this team is dangerous. Depth scoring!

Comment

• Flames win! 3-0-0 now.

First time with 3 wins to open a season since 93-94.

Comment

• Looks like the Vancouver media is in full-on panic mode about the Canucks already.

Tonight's a huge game for them...

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                              Looks like the Vancouver media is in full-on panic mode about the Canucks already.

Tonight's a huge game for them...
                              Not really--Just as they weren't as good as their 7-0-2 suggested, they are not as bad as their 0-3-0 record [snicker] suggests. They quite frankly are a lot better than that and anyone that has brains knows that. The poor play is concerning to the Canucks but its 3 games

Just as I don't expect Nystrom and Pardy to be 80 point scorers, I fully expect the Canucks to win 5 of their next 8. A Habs team that has not looked that great even while winning two of three and on the back end of the back to back SHOULD be a good opportunity for them
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Montreal is looking some kind of awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X