Q Cubed and BK's attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q Cubed and BK's attacks

he's really a martyr for the gun control cause and possibly even a martyr for the health care reform cause.
    Then you folks should be putting a shrine up for both men.

I'll wait with baited breath for that to ever happen.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
    I know I make you uncomfortable because you left the church.
    Actually, no. You make me uncomfortable because of the content of what you write, in how downright offensive it can be. Do you not see that your initial post calling atheists gleeful over this and casting aspersions on other people's Christian beliefs is the one that actually caused the ruckus?

What bothers me is not that I was once Catholic and would like to imagine that the Church, warts and all, is still somehow good. It's that you and your consistent pattern of behavior, your overtly and covertly acid posts to some people, betray to me a sense that yes, like the Republican Party, like the American South, even the Catholic church can be rotting from within because it welcomes regressive, anti-humanist people.

It makes me sad. I'm not sad I left the Church. I'm sad at what it's becoming.

Great, I should hope you feel that way. If you ever were to post, gee Ben I think you were right (not like that would ever happen as you'd sooner kill yourself than post it), I'd know I was on the wrong track.
    I like how intensely personal attacks, even covert ones like this, get ignored.

Because really, I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I just haven't ever seen you post something right. Like here--you refuse to admit that you had a fundamental part in turning this thread so wrong.
    B♭3

Comment

I'll wait with baited breath for that to ever happen.
      "Bated", not "baited".

"Bated" is related to "abated", as in you're holding your breath for it: "I will abate (hold) my breath until..."

I have no idea what you'd be saying with "baited", other than you're trying to lure something with your halitosis.
      B♭3

Comment

Actually, no. You make me uncomfortable because of the content of what you write, in how downright offensive it can be. Do you not see that your initial post calling atheists gleeful over this and casting aspersions on other people's Christian beliefs is the one that actually caused the ruckus?
        No, actually. My first post in the thread was sorrow.

What bothers me is not that I was once Catholic and would like to imagine that the Church, warts and all, is still somehow good. It's that you and your consistent pattern of behavior, your overtly and covertly acid posts to some people, betray to me a sense that yes, like the Republican Party, like the American South, even the Catholic church can be rotting from within because it welcomes regressive, anti-humanist people.
        Yawn. Do you have anything to contribute to the thread?
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

No, actually. My first post in the thread was sorrow.
          Tinged with a dig that you couldn't help but make, starting the politicization:
          I'll be surprised if it gets a mention in the paper up here tomorrow. Poly proving more valuable than a newspaper subscription.
          But you're right. My apologies. It was your fifth post in the thread that really did it.

Yawn. Do you have anything to contribute to the thread?
          See, it's **** like this which is why we have the problem. You expect us to somehow "see the light" of your view when you consistently fail to make any sort of case, often times in this process of failing to make your case by making covert, nasty, catty remarks about people, their beliefs, their intents.

I'm not saying that I'm not guilty of this. Yes, I realize I've been a huge dick to you. But you know what? I'm thinking I'm better than that--which is why I'm pointing out exactly what it is that you do that engenders such a reaction in people.

If you want to try to convince someone, the way to go about it is not to twist their words and build strawman arguments; it is not to assume that they have some sort of opposed agenda; it is not to assume that you are always inerrant and infallible; it is not to obviously betray that you will not listen and will not see what they are trying to present.
          B♭3

Comment

he's really a martyr for the gun control cause and possibly even a martyr for the health care reform cause.

I'll wait with bated breath for that to ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Plomp View Post
              I'm sad to hear that someone has been killed again.
              Though this sounds more like an incident to me. Those christians who secretly (or publicly) approve the shooting of abortion doctors are really among the worst things ever been done to (by) christianity and especially to Jesus. I hope that christians will not abuse this murder to backup their position.
              Ben is already doing it.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
              X