This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-Life Activist Gunned Down in Michigan

CNN) -- An anti-abortion activist was fatally shot Friday outside a high school in Owosso, Michigan, while another man was found shot dead in a business outside town in what appears to be a related incident, authorities said.
    Activist Jim Pouillon was shot and killed Friday while protesting outside Owosso High School.

Activist Jim Pouillon was shot and killed Friday while protesting outside Owosso High School.

A suspect, identified only as a 33-year-old Owosso man, has been taken into custody, Owosso Police Chief Michael Compeau said.

Jim Pouillon, 63, an anti-abortion activist well-known in the area, was protesting across the street from Owosso High School about 7:20 a.m. when several shots were fired from a passing vehicle, killing him, Compeau said.

Several people witnessed the shooting, and one was able to provide a license number, he said.

"Owosso police officers, about one hour later, were able to locate the suspect at his residence," he said.

"At the time of his arrest, the suspect made statements that he was involved in another homicide in Shiawassee County the same day," he said.

Shiawassee County Sheriff George Braidwood said a call had come into a 911 dispatch center about 8:17 a.m. saying that an employee at Fuoss Gravel outside of Owosso had discovered the owner, Mike Fuoss, "apparently deceased."

He was a victim of "multiple gunshot wounds," Braidwood said.

Authorities believe that Fuoss and the suspect knew each other, Braidwood said.

The Owosso school district went into immediate lockdown after the shooting outside the high school, Compeau said, until the suspect was in custody.

The high school's administration notified parents of the shooting and offered them the option of picking up their children, he said. All after-school activities were canceled, he added.

Owosso, a city of about 15,000 people, is about 25 miles west of Flint, Michigan.
    Article doesn't mention a motivation for either shooting. But sad.

If it is politically motivated, I wonder if it will get the kind of attention the abortion doctor murder got a few months back.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Pro-life activist....

(fill in your own jokes here)

Comment

Probably a lot of they do it to remarks.

Bad thing no matter what.
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Damn.

Thanks for passing this on Ozzy.

I wonder if it will get the kind of attention the abortion doctor murder got a few months back.
        I'll be surprised if it gets a mention in the paper up here tomorrow. Poly proving more valuable than a newspaper subscription.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It looks like random crime to me. He was just standing in the wrong place at the wrong time when a guy who was on a killing spree passed.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

33-year-old Harland James Drake has been charged with first-degree premeditated murder of pro-life veteran Jim Pouillon this morning as he carried a pro-life sign in front of a local high school, reports local news station WILX-TV.

Prosecutors said Drake told them he targeted Pouillon because of his pro-life activities.

“There was some displeasure with how open he was,” said Sara Edwards, Shiawassee County chief assistant prosecutor Sara Edwards, according to a New York Times report. “He tended to carry big signs with very graphic pictures of fetuses.”

Drake has also been charged with first-degree premeditated murder against Owosso business owner Mike Fuoss, felony firearm, and carrying a weapon with unlawful intent.

Police say Drake told them he was planning to kill a third individual, Owosso realtor James Howe, before he was apprehended.

Local news reports say Drake will return to court for a preliminary hearing on September 25th, and remains in custody without bond

Now we have a martyr. God bless you Jim!
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
              Now we have a martyr. God bless you Jim!
              And now there's terrorist violence taking place on BOTH sides of the issue! Hooray!

I mean, really, dude, that's just ghoulish. Someone dies, and your reaction is "wow, think of the political value"?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

No, my thought is bless his eternal soul in heaven as a martyr in the name of God.

Martyrs are rather important in the Christian religion, elok.

Comment

Hang on a second. It's ok to break Jesus' teachings if you do it in the name of Jesus?

Just what would Jesus have done in this situation? Shot the guy?

Reconcile that with your religion, please.

Comment

Hang on a second. It's ok to break Jesus' teachings if you do it in the name of Jesus?
                    Of course not. Are you accusing the man who got shot of breaking Christ's teachings?

Just what would Jesus have done in this situation? Shot the guy?
                    He would have done the same as this man did, he would preached the gospel and got shot.

Comment

Gays killed by hate crimes committed by Christians this year: dozens
                      Christian activists killed: 1

The Christians are winning.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                        And now there's terrorist violence taking place on BOTH sides of the issue! Hooray!

I mean, really, dude, that's just ghoulish. Someone dies, and your reaction is "wow, think of the political value"?
                        He's been secretly hoping for one of these ever since his cohorts viciously assaulted Matthew Shephard.

Unfortunately for Ben, Matthew Shephard still trumps this guy.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

So if Jesus was in front of a pro-life clinic then he'd just try to convince those who wanted to go in that it was wrong

How then do you explain the assassins of those "anti-life" doctors?

They may be doing God's work, but in the wrong way surely?

Comment

Wow, I admit I'm thrilled to see the response so far.

1. People who call themselves Christians attacking other Christians.
                            2. Atheists who revel in the tragedy.

Excellent. I'm glad to see all the classy people flocking to the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                              Wow, I admit I'm thrilled to see the response so far.

1. People who call themselves Christians attacking other Christians.
                              2. Atheists who revel in the tragedy.

Excellent. I'm glad to see all the classy people flocking to the thread.
                              Who is revelling? I think we're all pretty disgusted by your reaction. You're quite right in how classless you are. I'm just mocking you. You're the one that started trying to capitalize on this for political purposes quite explicitly.

Comment

Working...
                              X