No announcement yet.

Diablo II / III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, it's an MMO with a single-player option? Gotcha.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• That's fairly reasonable.

I've never played single player. Always with friends. Have a blast. The game isn't really strategic from click to click, but it is when you deal with skill choices, attribute choices, gear choices, etc. Part of Diablo's charm is its atmosphere and action.

It's one of my best gaming memories, having a bunch of friends tear up the levels until the sun came up.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Lul Thyme View Post
        I also did not see it until I tried it. Played D2 for a few years, laughing at those HCer having to restart all the time.
        D2 was casual brainless fun, nothing less nothing more.
        Then I tried hardcore, and it became a lot more edge-of-your-seat, everything matters, adrenalin-packed, especially if you are actually planning to survive for a while, and not just play as usual and just be annoyed when you die.

The game becomes much less of an endurance struggle and a little more strategic: you need to plan things carefully to minimize chances of dying.
        I'm thinking about it actually. The game has been nerfed quite a bit. I just fought Duriel yesterday with my druid. They nerfed him. They also nerfed the summoner in the arcane sanctuary. Those two battles used to be really tough. Even on normal softcore.

But I'm thinking hardcore is the only way to go for real challenge. The normal game is just kind of tame. But it does get much more challenging in nightmare. And I have never had a hell character. I just never had the patience to level up that high.
        Last edited by Dis; September 10, 2009, 06:31.

Comment

• bah, why are you guys on USeast? Is there no way for me to change?

Well my necro is DarkestAvenger and my druid is BattleHymn on USwest. Let me know of any of you guys play on that server. I'll be playing today. I have no errands I need to do today aside from laundry. So I'll probably spend all day playing the game.

I played my necro a little more. He's so much more powerful than my druid it seems (although I'm still in the middle of act1 which is far easier- the game doesn't get tough to near the end of act1). I think it's because summoner necros aren't gear dependent. So he kicks much more ass than my feral wolf druid. I messed up 2 points on my necro build and put 2 points into bone armor. I keep thinking it's world of warcraft and you need 5 points to go to the next level, and it doesn't matter which one. But the point I needed was in teeth (to get corpse explosion). I hope they do the patch soon that allows you to respec.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis View Post
            I'm thinking about it actually. The game has been nerfed quite a bit. I just fought Duriel yesterday with my druid. They nerfed him. They also nerfed the summoner in the arcane sanctuary. Those two battles used to be really tough. Even on normal softcore.

But I'm thinking hardcore is the only way to go for real challenge. The normal game is just kind of tame. But it does get much more challenging in nightmare. And I have never had a hell character. I just never had the patience to level up that high.
            Actually, what happened since 1.10 is that characters as a whole have been beefed, but Nightmare and especially Hell have been beefed even more. Hence, Normal as a whole has been indirectly nerfed.

Comment

• i should be home around 1 am eastern or so. who's up for act 2 normal on USeast?
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

• I will be here.

You should be able to change realms, Dis.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Dis, when you load up D2, just click on the bar with the realm and it will give you the option of selecting USEAST.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• i got lagged to death running andariel.

thissan ka mark three, it is, then.

Comment

• Really? Damn.

Sorry to hear that Self.

Comment

• was playing solo and I died with my skelly summoner in the arcane sanctuary on the summoner. Couldn't get my stupid summons up on the platform. I could barely get up there myself to recover my body. The ghoul lords block the stairs. A very difficult fight for a class that uses summons. Sometimes you can't get them to go where you want them to.

Comment

• Summon your gumby on his ass.

That's how I take out the summoner.

You'll have to get just close enough to his platform, but if you summon your gumby, he'll attack the summoner. This will give you time to get closer and run the skeletons up the platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dis View Post
                            was playing solo and I died with my skelly summoner in the arcane sanctuary on the summoner. Couldn't get my stupid summons up on the platform. I could barely get up there myself to recover my body. The ghoul lords block the stairs. A very difficult fight for a class that uses summons. Sometimes you can't get them to go where you want them to.
                            use resurrected ghosts and ghoul lords. worst case scenario, bounce out of a TP, which should reset your minions. running a skelliemancer, my first hurdle was duriel if i didn't grind to get decrepify beforehand.

ben, give me a minute or two to get a game up.

Comment

• game is hot.

game: apolyton PW: panda

Comment

• game is done for the night. Self got nuked by the king of the banished.

Comment

Working...
                                X