No announcement yet.

Diablo II / III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never fought Baal, looking forward to it.

The only trouble I had was with Diablo, I died about 6 times.

But it's a huge improvement over my old class the Barbarian, he died like 20 times.

The Assassin might just be way overpowered.
    be free

Comment

I'm gonna finish this game soon, so I'm wondering if there are any other good Diablo style games out there? I've played Sacred, it was just barely ok. Sacred 2 looks ****ty (I don't like 3D).

Anything else?
      be free

Comment

The next best thing is probably Titan Quest.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up. It looks good. It's in 3D but it doesn't look too blocky, so not that bad. Will get it tonight.
          be free

Comment

Dungeon Siege? 2?

Comment

By the way, for the other Diablo 2 fans:
              you havn't REALLY played until you've played hardcore.
              It sounds elitist I know, but I was very surprised how different it makes the game. After I played hardcore, I could barely play the regular game anymore. It's very interesting, especially if you can get a group of friends together.

Here's a screenshot of the Ladder with my level 89 Hardcore Nec Canot_L. (This is from 1.10, when it became very slow to level more).

There are also many other interesting "single-player" modes of play, see the single-player forums on diabloii.net (or whatever is its new address). For example, you aren't allowed to clear any area more than once, and you can't go buy anything in town ("living off the lands"), etc...

Then people would report their progress and how far until they died (hardcore of course).
              Attached Files

Comment

I do not see the appeal to hardcore, at all...
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That's because you are softcore.

Comment

Lul, my best HC char was a LVL 35 necro who died due to a HD crash.

Ok, looks like self and I will be playing sat night. Anyone else interested in a run?

We will be going on the realms I'm BenKenobi18 on US East.
                    Last edited by Ben Kenobi; September 4, 2009, 14:38.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                      I do not see the appeal to hardcore, at all...
                      I also did not see it until I tried it. Played D2 for a few years, laughing at those HCer having to restart all the time.
                      D2 was casual brainless fun, nothing less nothing more.
                      Then I tried hardcore, and it became a lot more edge-of-your-seat, everything matters, adrenalin-packed, especially if you are actually planning to survive for a while, and not just play as usual and just be annoyed when you die.

The game becomes much less of an endurance struggle and a little more strategic: you need to plan things carefully to minimize chances of dying.
                      Last edited by Lul Thyme; September 4, 2009, 17:41.

Comment

Hardcore is the way to play online. I've been rocking a mod lately, it's good fun.
                        John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

i have a budding hardcore paladin.
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Ooh, a 'Din. I'm working on my Necro.

What time you want to start tomorrow. I am going to crash for a long long time tonight.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

I'm around. Would like to start after the Roddick match.

You around self?

Comment

ok, will be as benkenobi18

the channel is USEAST

Game is APOLYTON

PWORD is pandalovers

Comment

Working...
                                X