Diablo II / III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it 1.06 or 1.07 that nerfed CE?
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

it's still pretty gnarly. i'm having a difficult time imagining it being more powerful. besides, Amplify Damage fixes everything.
      I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
      [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I don't get the assassin.

I'm trying to select a class to play, I've done barbarian and Amazon, I want to try something else.

I don't like the Necro coz well, everyone chooses that, Paladin is too Christian for me, which leaves the Assassin, Druid and Sorcerer. I gave the Druid a quick test to see what he's like, but I found him to be far too powerful, but he's also too messy, stuff everywhere fighting for him. That leaves the Assassin and Sorcerer, I want to try the Assassin, but it just strikes me as odd that an Assassin can wear armor and can fight devils, etc, it just seems out of place.
        be free

Comment

a lightning trap assassin is a popular choice.

Comment

been busy at work and trying to catch up on sleep. Gonna play some more. Though I am still kind of bored of this game lol. It's just not any fun unless you do multiplayer. I only tried one game so far, but didn't get into a group as they were a much higher level than me. And I forgot how small the "realms" were. I'm so used to wow with hundreds or maybe thousands of people on the same server. Instead of just a few.

I may go with druid again. Necromancer is too boring. Watching skeletons kills stuff isn't very fun. But maybe I'll try assassin.

Comment

Assassin has Shadow character to fight for them, somewhat like a Druid.

Comment

Just a note of caution - minions are worthless against bosses. So while it's fun to roll with a giant posse of skeletons and such to do your dirty work, you don't want to over commit. Or, if you do specialize as a summoner, be prepared to team up with someone to make the bosses killable.

I used to have fun running around with a big army doing my killing while I carefully combed through the drops for loot. It's one great advantage of the Necro/Druid summoners.
                That's why you spring for a gumby. I just started another HC Necro. LVL 6.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

ended up rolling a druid lol. necros are too passive. It's kind of fun having an undead army, but the novelty wears off. But druids suffer from lack of skills too. I guess I'm used to world of warcraft where I have lots of spells to use. Where as here, my skills are very limited. And I can't use them too much, or I blow through too much mana.

Haven't died yet, but I came damn close several times. but then I forgot you can equip your henchman with equipement LOL. My henchman had no bow and was only doing like 3 to 6 damage. Many times I didn't realize my henchman was dead I just figured she got stuck on a corner again. The pathfinding on this game is horrible. My henchman get stuck all the time, so I usually ignore them.

So I just equipped my henchman, hopefully things get a little easier. As I'm blowing through healing potions like crazy. Problem is you can't buy light healing potions, only minor. So I'm dependant upon what I find.

I'm just trying to get to act 2 which is far superior to act1. Act 2 and 3 are great. 4 and 1 are ok. 5 is pretty good as well.

Comment

It's true, the pathfinding is bad, you'd think by now a patch would have fixed it with todays standards.

I also didn't realise you could equip your henchman, I had a guy who I kept from near the beginning of the game, he had the ability to freeze, which was ****ing brilliant, it allowed me to mow down anyone without worrying about being surrounded. But by Act V, I decided to "upgrade" to a better henchman, but he just keeps dying, even when fully equipped, useless, I should never have replaced my previous guy.

I have been playing as the assassin, she's quite a lot of fun, but I kind of.. by mistake, followed the trap path (I wanted to do Martial Arts), which made things terribly easy for me, right up into Middle of Act V, only now is it starting to difficult to stay alive.

Anyway, Wake of Fire + Blade Fury = unstoppable. I just continued to upgrade those two. Angry mob? Use Wake of Fire. Hard to kill guy? Use Blade Fury.
                    Last edited by FrostyBoy; September 3, 2009, 22:42.
                    be free

Comment

My setup is pretty simple.

I have a pure summonmancer, no curses, poison or bone spells. Rolling along quite nicely.

So far I have 55 points saved and I am at level 11. I've rescued Cain and am just about at the countess.

I have a cold merc with a septic superior hunters bow of blight. No other notable equipment, although I did get a belt with 20 LR and +5 strength, and a bucker with 40 pct block and 20 FR. wand has 5 mana, 1 raise skeleton, 2 to skeleton mastries.

I have 8 points in RS and 4 in SM with a point in Gumby. When I hit 12 I'll drop the point in RS for 5 skellies, and then do 3 in Mages so I'll have a football team. 5+3+1+1+1 = 11. Should be able to get by with mana pots and a lvl 1 gumby to take down andy.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

even one point in decrepify can be valuable for the slowdown. corpse explosion is still valuable despite the nerf.

ben, don't waste your time with mages. a skellimancer should have 20 each in raise skeleton, skeleton mastery, corpse explosion, eight to ten in summon resist and revive. the big thing is that you have Amplify Damage, which will break most physical immunities. mages are unavoidable, but not necesary. i usually run with 12-15 skellies, and 3-7 mages. the elemental damage is nice but with the might aura, my regular skellies do quite a bit of damage.

the beauty of the build is that it's not really that gear intensive. king leoric's arm is fairly cheap, though a decent set of marrowwalks and a homunculus (socketed with a Pdiamond of course), are more difficult to find. i had a really nice diadem that was +2 necro skills, FCR, +ResALL, and +MF on my first necro.

who's playing on the realms, and what relam?

Comment

even one point in decrepify can be valuable for the slowdown. corpse explosion is still valuable despite the nerf.
                          It's a pure summonmancer build. I realise that CE and Decrep would be helpful but this is more challenging.

ben, don't waste your time with mages. a skellimancer should have 20 each in raise skeleton, skeleton mastery, corpse explosion, eight to ten in summon resist and revive. the big thing is that you have Amplify Damage, which will break most physical immunities. mages are unavoidable, but not necesary. i usually run with 12-15 skellies, and 3-7 mages. the elemental damage is nice but with the might aura, my regular skellies do quite a bit of damage.
                          A pure build is a bit different. The mages become my only source of ranged damage. That, plus the fact they can be cold mages, also improves the slowdown for the bosses, along with the cold merc with the bow.

the beauty of the build is that it's not really that gear intensive. king leoric's arm is fairly cheap, though a decent set of marrowwalks and a homunculus (socketed with a Pdiamond of course), are more difficult to find. i had a really nice diadem that was +2 necro skills, FCR, +ResALL, and +MF on my first necro.
                          They make a great MF char to acquire decent equipment for other builds.

who's playing on the realms, and what relam?
                          I'm just playing SP but I'd love to play an ip game if you are up for one. I've got a very busy day tomorrow and cannot sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                            My recollection was having tremendous trouble fighting Diablo. Mercs suffer the same penalties against act bosses as the summons.

Act II mercs are essential though. They're a huge force multiplier for summoners.
                            old patch? the only act boss i've ever had trouble with is act II norm duriel and act V Baal in Hell diff.

Comment

i'm free saturday evening as well as sunday. i'll start grinding something interesting tomorrow, and hopefully i'll have something to show for it by sunday.

Comment

Ok cool.

Which version do you have? I have 1.10 (due to a preference for the V+K mod).

Comment

Working...
                                X