Diablo II / III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonsense.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Ok, nonsense.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

well since world of warcraft won't install on my computer (probably due to lack of any service packs lol), I just installed Diablo 2 and expansion. Here I was expecting a long patch download, but it only took a few seconds. The version is 1.12, is that the most recent version?

sadly they have spammers like wow. oh well. I created a private game until I can learn what the **** I'm doing. I have no clue right now.

OK so I'm a necromancer. What kind of armor can I wear? and what weapons can I use?

Comment

The wands and preserved heads are designed for Necros to use, and frequently have bonuses to skills. Armor is universal, with the only requirement being stats (or levels for the magical stuff). Equipment isn't as important for a Necro as it would be for a Barb, since most of your attacks will be bone magic or summons.
          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Just a note of caution - minions are worthless against bosses. So while it's fun to roll with a giant posse of skeletons and such to do your dirty work, you don't want to over commit. Or, if you do specialize as a summoner, be prepared to team up with someone to make the bosses killable.

I used to have fun running around with a big army doing my killing while I carefully combed through the drops for loot. It's one great advantage of the Necro/Druid summoners.

Comment

Balderdash. the Skellimancer is one of the safest ways to go about things. the secret is the act 2 Nighmare Merc that puts out a might aura, combined with Amplify damage and corpse explosion. the biggest hangup is Normal Duriel who requires you to have Decrepify to slow him down.

What is a Fishymancer? Basically this necro relies on plain skeletons and corpse explosion to kill things. This is probably the safest and least item dependent build in the current patch and it is probably capable of beating hardcore without using any items at all. (feel free to use items, though. Most people do) Aside from being easily capable of beating the game with no specific gear this guy also makes an excellent MF character. Not so much for Mephisto where sorcs still reign supreme (not to say he can't kill meph, sorcs are just a bit faster), his domain are the alvl 85 areas like the Worldstone keep and the Pit. He has no problems running Hell WS K and Baal with >700% MF on him while maintaining his original killing speed.
              I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
              [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

up to level 11 now. I'm supposed to be using closed battle.net right? Open is the one that is unrestricted right? (the one wear hacked characters can play).

I'm on USwest round. Character name DarkestAvenger. Non hardcore, ladder character. I'm not sure what a ladder character means.

I'm pretty much doing the summoner skills. Should I be putting points into stam and strength?

This page has a build, I'm using it as a rough guide, when I first started i didn't understand some stuff, so it's not exact to that guide. The way he wrote it was hard to follow.

Evil is resurrected in the timeless action RPG classic Diablo II, and its acclaimed expansion Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, now remastered and upgraded.
                Last edited by Dis; August 27, 2009, 17:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  Yeah, 1.12...latest version on Blizzard's website. 1.12 removes the cd check also, so you no longer need to play with the disk in (if you copy d2xmusic.mpq from the expansion disk to the install dir).

1.13 is out soon which will provide more fixes, features...it'll even let you re-spec your skill points.
                  by install directory do you mean the main directory for diablo2? It doesn't seem to work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by self biased View Post
                    Balderdash. the Skellimancer is one of the safest ways to go about things. the secret is the act 2 Nighmare Merc that puts out a might aura, combined with Amplify damage and corpse explosion. the biggest hangup is Normal Duriel who requires you to have Decrepify to slow him down.

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Fishymancer_by_Nightfish
                    My recollection was having tremendous trouble fighting Diablo. Mercs suffer the same penalties against act bosses as the summons.

Act II mercs are essential though. They're a huge force multiplier for summoners.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis View Post
                      by install directory do you mean the main directory for diablo2? It doesn't seem to work for me.
                      Yes. You must've done a full install of both D2 and D2 Expansion also. Copy all MPQ files to the Diablo 2 dir from the discs.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Dis View Post
                        up to level 11 now. I'm supposed to be using closed battle.net right? Open is the one that is unrestricted right? (the one wear hacked characters can play).

I'm on USwest round. Character name DarkestAvenger. Non hardcore, ladder character. I'm not sure what a ladder character means.

I'm pretty much doing the summoner skills. Should I be putting points into stam and strength?

This page has a build, I'm using it as a rough guide, when I first started i didn't understand some stuff, so it's not exact to that guide. The way he wrote it was hard to follow.

http://www.diablo2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12680
                        whoever wrote that was a moron. a good skellimancer can walk through hell difficulty stark raving naked and beat the game. follow nightfish's guide on http://www.diii.net. it's far easier to read than that Pyrrhic mass.

Originally posted by Felch View Post
                        My recollection was having tremendous trouble fighting Diablo. Mercs suffer the same penalties against act bosses as the summons.

Act II mercs are essential though. They're a huge force multiplier for summoners.
                        the synergies have changed alot. +1 skills can mean quite a bit. if i had a charm that granted +1 to the barbarians warcries, i'll recieve an additional +20% magic damage to berserk. because for every point i have in Howl and Shout, berserk recieves a +10% magic bonus.

Comment

Ah, I haven't played as much lately with the synergies. I was mostly into it back around 1.09.

Comment

Poison Dagger necros have more fun.

Unless you actually LIKE sitting back and doing nothing whilst skellies kill everything.
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Well, I like hitting the bong while I watch my skellies kill everything. Does that count?

Comment

and besides after 2-3 corpse explosions there really isn't much left for my army to fight.

Comment

Working...
                                X