Diablo II / III

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Felch View Post
    I started up a Necro and leveled to 6 pretty quick. I couldn't find my old copy though, so I had to borrow one.

Are you playing version 1.12?
    Yeah, 1.12...latest version on Blizzard's website. 1.12 removes the cd check also, so you no longer need to play with the disk in (if you copy d2xmusic.mpq from the expansion disk to the install dir).

1.13 is out soon which will provide more fixes, features...it'll even let you re-spec your skill points.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
      I'm going to ban you for threadjacking if you keep this up.
      I have considered it and deem my post on topic.

In other news great that Blizzard is still supporting such an old game.

Comment

Consider yourself banned. Any further posts in this thread will only lengthen your ban.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Please stay on topic.

For your reference, the topic is Diablo 2 and 3. There are rumours D3 will come to consoles - and given the shrivelling PC market it would make sense.

Comment

2 weeks. Keep it up!

Comment

I'm thinking I'll have to load up as well.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I was tempted to load this up a month ago. I wanted to play D1, but wasn't able to install it. It may be a problem with my drive recognizing the copied disk. This disk was burned over 10 years ago. More like 14.

But i may replay D2. Anyone know if they had any major changes to the game with content patches? I know they always "tweaked" the balance similar to how they tweak WOW, but I don't think they ever released more content did they?

Comment

there's been a substantial change to DII and the expansion over the last few years. the biggest being synergies within skills. the barbarian skill Frenzy gains a per level bonus for how many points you have in double swing as an example. for new content, there's the diablo clone which was implemented to sink much of the duped stones of jordan out of the economy, and the Pandemonium Event.

the Diablo Clone drops an annihilus charm which grants a bonus to your character's skills, attributes, resistances, and experience earned. the pandemonium event provides an hellfire torch which provides similar bonueses. both of which are only available on the Bnet ladder, as far as i know.
                  I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                  [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I was always a big Druid Fan.

I haven't played for years, I think I sold my disks on ebay a while back but had fond memories of this game, and Im looking forward to taking a spin in DIII
                    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

werewolf druids rocked. I barely remember much of the talent trees though. I know they aren't called talents- that's wow terminology. Were there 3 trees? Could druids be casters like in wow? I can't remember. I remember you could be a werewolf or werebear.

Warriors were a little too plain for me. Paladins were cool, I liked them. Sorcerers offer a little more challenge with their squishiness, but were powerful nonetheless. Never played much of necromancers or assassins. I didn't get into them.

what race am I forgetting? There was an archer class wasn't there? That's usually what class I am. Were they called amazons or was that D1?

hmmm. Must resist temptation to install this game and try playing a necromancer or assassin.

Comment

They're just called skill trees. And druids can be casters (Elemental spec).

By warriors I assumed you mean Barbarian. Best class ever. Whirlwind owned.

Amazon is the class you're thinking. Javelins.

Comment

Sorcs are incredibly powerful once they get to spamming Frozen Orb. Necros are great fun if you like to let your private army handle all the bad guys.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

We need UnO in this thread, Ill PM him.
                            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I miss the corpse explosion, before the nerf.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25 View Post
                                We need UnO in this thread, Ill PM him.

Hm, wha?

Last I played was 1.10. Last I had a (top 10) ladder character was 1.06. Last I modded for was 1.09.

I'm afraid any input I may have has been washed away with time and the recent changes, reading over the patch notes....

Other than to say Diablo III, from what I've seen, really doesn't excite me much. Looks like they just stole a bunch of work from the DII mods and did a graphics overhaul. (seriously, 90% of the 'new skills and classes' in DIII had appearances in DII mods)
                                Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; August 27, 2009, 12:02.
                                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X