Keep obsolete units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep obsolete units?

Is it somehow possible to keep on recruiting obsolete units? I want to enable Anti-Tank even after Mechanized Infantry is available. Can it be done?

Just put
    < bNeverObsolete>1< /bNeverObsolete>
    into the proper place in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml file in the assets/xml directory of the version or mod you want to change. (Remove the spaces from after the "<" characters.)

Use any plain text editor (such as Notepad). Be sure and make a copy before you muck around in it.

good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by wodan11 View Post
      Just put
      < bNeverObsolete>1< /bNeverObsolete>
      into the proper place in the CIV4UnitInfos.xml file in the assets/xml directory of the version or mod you want to change. (Remove the spaces from after the "<" characters.)

Use any plain text editor (such as Notepad). Be sure and make a copy before you muck around in it.

good luck.
      Tried that, and got a heap of errors when trying to launch the game. Didn't work.... hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by panasonic
        Very much appreciate your help.
        I do agree with you. Those are the most effective way
        Err, how did you get it to work? Because I did not.

Comment

Zowrath, look at one of the other entries to see how it is done. There are quit a few units which have the NeverObsolete code.

Comment

Zowrath, look at one of the other entries to see how it is done. There are quit a few units which have the NeverObsolete code.
            I open CIV4UnitInfos.xml of Beyond the Sword, and inside there are not a single entry of NeverObsolete. That's why I am baffled.

Comment

Oops, you're right... I'm looking at FFH.

Best way to do this for normal BtS is simply to remove the upgrade definition. Means you won't be able to upgrade the unit with cash in the game, though.

Comment

Oops, you're right... I'm looking at FFH.

Best way to do this for normal BtS is simply to remove the upgrade definition. Means you won't be able to upgrade the unit with cash in the game, though.
                Hmm, I was looking to have it both ways. Guess that's impossible then. Oh well, thanks anyway

Comment

Working...
                X