• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Wars TWO

New site up, cool video. I like it

More info supposedly coming this week.

Its about dam time
    *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Bring it on.

Comment

Originally posted by conmcb25 View Post
      http://guildwars2.com/en/

New site up, cool video. I like it

More info supposedly coming this week.

Its about dam time

Looking forward!
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

If there is one thing that might get me to buy a new PC/get back into gaming at all....
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx View Post
          If there is one thing that might get me to buy a new PC/get back into gaming at all....

Start planning now. I plan on getting in at the very beginning...............
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

I did love their answer to when it is expected:

When its finished!

NOW!!!!!

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Oh, there's a couple conserns I have with the project. Arena.net has been losing some of the original talent, for one. I also want to see just what all this persistant world is about before I go jumping in. Changing how the beta is going to operate (as opposed to GW1) is a little concerning as well.

EOTN didn't exactly endear me to the direction they were heading..
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx View Post
                Oh, there's a couple conserns I have with the project. Arena.net has been losing some of the original talent, for one. I also want to see just what all this persistant world is about before I go jumping in. Changing how the beta is going to operate (as opposed to GW1) is a little concerning as well.

EOTN didn't exactly endear me to the direction they were heading..
                All valid points.

I maybe wrong but I think the persistant areas are going to be for PvP.

There is no way in hades they can do a large persistent world and not charge monthly for the game. They couldn't afford the server farm needed on just buying the game alone.

So my guess is PvE is going to be similar, mainly instanced.

Comment

I have to echo some of Unorthodox's concerns in that whilst GW is one my most favouritest games evar (1500+ hours easy) I'm not overly confident in ArenaNet - and it's always hard to pull a rabbit out of a hat twice. GW had great ideas and came along at a perfect time. It'll be much harder this time.

Comment

I just saw this:

Jeff's departure

Hi all,

I wanted to take a moment to offer my personal note on Jeff's departure.

Jeff is a personal friend of mine. We worked together very closely from the time he joined Blizzard in 1996, through our founding of ArenaNet in 2000, until he left ArenaNet to join NCsoft West in 2008. I'm sad to see him leaving NCsoft now. We remain good friends and I wish him great success in his next endeavor.

It's important to understand that ArenaNet is a separate and self-contained development studio. Jeff hasn't been involved in the day-to-day development of Guild Wars 2 since he left ArenaNet more than a year ago, and I don't expect his departure to have a direct impact on our studio or on Guild Wars 2. I continue to lead ArenaNet, and I'm not going anywhere.

We have an amazing team here at ArenaNet, and we continue to work hard on Guild Wars 2, preparing for the day when we can first reveal it to the world. That day is coming very soon now. I'm confident that, when you see Guild Wars 2 for the first time, you're going to love what you see, and any worries you have about its development will fade away.

--Mike O'Brien 01:56, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
                    Discuss

Comment

Guid Wars Guru @ forums are up and running.

Im registered as Aranarth_Elessar

There is PAX info there, Im going to start taking a look at it.

Comment

Let me know if you find any info on this years contest.

My little titan effigy is coming together in the back yard...

You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                        X