War of the Ring Scenario - AE Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War of the Ring Scenario - AE Edition

I did a LOTR War of the Ring scenario back in 2002. I did all of the gruntwork in setting it up, and I got some neat SLICs from the Immortal Wombat, but after it was done, I just never played it through. Probably because I knew how everything was laid out, and there didn't seem to be much outside interest in it.

Forward to 2009...

I had the urge to try it a few weeks back, but before playing it, I decided to revamp the graphics first. I also am planning to see if I could incorporate some Cradle III features into the mix, as well as add some wonders and new movies. I'm using the Apolyton Pack as the OS too. After a few file conflicts, it is now working in the AE - a test run of 20 turns has been clean.

I'm hoping that the existing SLIC does not cause a conflict though, because Immortal Wombat is no longer around. The one report that I did get was from EPW, which has given me hope that the Scenario is playable and stable. The SLIC additions that I want to put in are all Cradle III files, which have not caused any problems.

My hope is to get all my additions added in, and then play it through, as well as post it. So far, I have the units about 80% done.

No promises on completing this...but on the positive side, this has put Cradle on the back burner. (it helps that there have been no reports of Cradle crashes)

This may or may not also lead to a full-blown mod...and the ideas are there.

Don't hold your breath though.
    Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
    ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

I started the scenario with the cradle 3 files installed, and the new graphics work well. The, err, "watch towers" are a perfect fit.
    "

Comment

WOTR Scenario...
      So far, I've been able to update the graphics, add new wonders and create wonder movies, but I have hit a snag....

I've tried reloading the SLIC through the editor with no luck.
      Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner

Comment

Oh no, that's terrible Hexa. I would love to see a Middle-Earth Mod.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Already done...

This is a full-blown Mod, as opposed to the Scenario project in this thread. It does not work with the Source Code project though.

Input is always welcome.

===

Comment

Working...
          X