Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game won't even start with SC Project

Greetings.

After knowing about this, I removed the dust off my old CTP2 copy, and tried to run it.

However, it doesn't even start. Tells something about not locating some strings (the first message is about CANADIAN_CITY or whatever), and after several others the game goes to desktop.

Game runs fine without the source code project, though.

Any help? Couldn't find about this problem in any other thread. Thanks.

That seems that either something is wrong with your installation, or there is a problem with the language files your are using, or you are using a mod with some incompatibilities. So what language do you use and what mod?

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Spanish. No other mod or patches than the SC Project.

I tried to change config to english, but it's even worse... Tells something about an error in paths. I also have the CD in the drive. No luck.

Is the SC Project incompatible with other languages than english? Didn't find nothing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tecnócrata View Post
        Spanish. No other mod or patches than the SC Project.

I tried to change config to english, but it's even worse... Tells something about an error in paths. I also have the CD in the drive. No luck.

Is the SC Project incompatible with other languages than english? Didn't find nothing about it.
        Actually it should work with the English language, and you should even be able to change it to English without the English CD, you only have to modify the right file, so to change config to English is not descriptive enough to tell us anything.

Anyway, go to the folder ..\ctp2_data\spanish\gamedata\ open there the file civ_str.txt and find in it the lines which contain the following strings: CANADIANS_CITY_1 CANADIANS_CITY_2

Change them to CANADIAN_CITY_1 and CANADIAN_CITY_2

That should solve your problems.

What it does not slove is the partial translation.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X