This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish Pride PBEM Game

I have started the game, and I think it would be less confusing if we'd start a new thread in which we discuss the game.
    I'm going to send it to GeoDan asap, when he tells me his eMail adress.
    I still need to download the 1.3 patch for the German version however, but I think it should work for this one time...? If not, I'm the guy to thank for

------------------
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country.
    -George W. Bush

Shahan Shah Eran ud Aneran

Visit my Homepage at: http://members.xoom.com/SHaertel/Index.html
    Follow the masses!

quote:

Originally posted by Geography Dan on 01-16-2001 07:42 PM
    oooops! I guess I really ought to mention that my email address is berliner85@yahoo.com

Thanks.

GeoDan's e-mail address above

------------------
    "Our community extends beyond national frontiers. Whether it is an Argentinian or a Spaniard, a Chilean or a Mexican, we all know as children that our national language is the language of many nations, and that it was born in Spain many centuries ago... without it, our people would not exist"

Octavio Paz, Mexican Writer. Nobel Laureate 1990, Cervantes Prize 1982

Comment

Thanks.

I forgot to say that I am proud to have become king of the glorious Basque people...
      Follow the masses!

Comment

...the most ancient European tribe (according to some of them)

Comment

Ok, I sent it on to dizepam.

And I am honored to be King of the noble Andalusians.
          -GeoDan

Comment

So, where is the save game now?
            I'm desperately waiting for two different saved games of scenarios now, but not yet recieved any of both

And what about the player switching? All going allright with this ctrl-n thing? And are you sure that you can go with playing the year thereafter?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Allard HS on 01-19-2001 04:56 AM
              So, where is the save game now?
              I'm desperately waiting for two different saved games of scenarios now, but not yet recieved any of both

And what about the player switching? All going allright with this ctrl-n thing? And are you sure that you can go with playing the year thereafter?

You are after me on this one. I am after Dizepam. I hope there are no problems with this game. Dizepam, who is more expert in hotseat games, may perhpas enlighten us all about this.

PS. Dizepam, where in Portugal are you in? (It's for the Hispanica FAQ).

Comment

I will explain again, it's very easy:
                -you should save the game as an internet game, not an hotseat game;
                -when you receive the file, you chose the following options: multiplayer game, internet game, load a saved multiplayer game (then you chose the apropriate *.net file), chose your net game, game name (you can leave as default), the ip (doesn't matter), start game, ok, then you chose your civilization, put your password in the apropriate field.
                -play your turn;
                -set a password to your civilization;
                -Don't forget to have the always wait at the end of turn option checked;
                -To end your turn press ctrl-n;
                -Save the game.
                And this is it.
                P.S.- J.B. I'm from Braga (don't laugh ). You should know it.

Comment

Well, the file I got from Stefan was a .hot file. So that's what I used and sent on to you. Does this mean we need to start over?
                  -GeoDan

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by dizepam on 01-19-2001 08:53 PM
                    P.S.- J.B. I'm from Braga (don't laugh ).

But I have permission to laugh if I want, haven't I?

Thanks for the explanation, BTW. I was afraid of receiving the file and not knowing what to do with it...

"An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
                    - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Geography Dan on 01-19-2001 08:57 PM
                      Well, the file I got from Stefan was a .hot file. So that's what I used and sent on to you. Does this mean we need to start over?

How did you open the file? I couldn't even open it.
                      Let's see what happens next turn.

[This message has been edited by dizepam (edited January 19, 2001).]

Comment

Stefan sent me a file that was a hotseat game, not an internet game. I opened it the only way I could, as a hotseat game.
                        -GeoDan

Comment

File dispatched to Allard. Thanks Dizepam for sharing your wisdom

Comment

That's very strange, I couldn't open the file as an hotseat game because it defaulted to the player before me i.e. I couldn't chose my civ.
                            Geography Dan: It's not true you could only open it as an hotseat game, you could load it as a single player game, as an internet game and as an hotseat game.

Comment

Ok, now I'm really confused. Did I make some horrible error?
                              -GeoDan

Comment

Working...
                              X