Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because after all these years we're sheep.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well, being polite didn't help.
      Discussing it didn't help.
      Posting it in the Moderation thread resulting in a hollow thud.
      Using the "Report this post" tool did nothing.

How does this benefit Apoly?
      What is this, Post #77 in this thread?
      Apparently the administration sees this whole thing as an increase in traffic.

So we might as well call 'em as we see 'em...
      Imran -- punkass jerk; doesn't do squat here
      Ozzy -- a wimp and a wuss (I, for one, was shocked to learn this.)

Imran's "why should I help you" attitude is disturbing. The fact that Poly rarely has more than one page of active threads - his excuse for not sticking the draft threads - actually throws this issue into sharp relief. It takes exactly two clicks to benefit an entire league of posters. And the few other posters who are visiting Sports Sub would not, as Imran points out, experience any notable inconvenience.

So it really comes down to an attitude problem. Some would say Imran is treating the Sports Sub as his private fiefdom. It actually took him more time and effort to flounce in and tell us off than it would have taken to top the threads. Oh, wait, the threads were already topped. So the only effort he made was to thwart us.

That really is a pile of bull.

I know Poly isn't a real business, but I also know that the owners would dearly love for it to be self-sustaining. Quick hint to Mr. Plomp -- It ain't gonna happen with this attitude.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

we should move to the panda site in protest.
        "

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
          That's the one, Sloww.

First, it's the right thing to do and Ozzy knows it.
          Second, flip-flopped on it.

So Ozzy was like, "I have the power," then totally wimped out as soon as Imran did his punkass thing -- didn't even make Imran do his own dirty work. Weak. And he calls himself an advocate...

Are you being paid as a lobbyist?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

What are you doing here?
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Posting?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Wait. That's not my final answer.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)

Comment

I can't stand the pressure!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

I would top the threads if I knew what they were.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

I very rarely come into the Sport Forum and don't understand the bizarre machinations of your draft systems so post links to threads that need to be topped in here, or PM me, and don't forget to let me know when I should un-top them.

Generally my understanding of what we're trying to do as moderators is we're trying to make life easier for posters, no reason to change traditions like this when people find it useful.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

wow

tempest-- teapot

Oh ya and I am requesting that the hockey draft discussion thread be topped ABOVE the NFL ones to increase the chance that some football guy might go "look hockey" and decide to join in
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Awesome, MikeH.

Please top the following threads:

and

Thank you very much.
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber View Post
                            wow

tempest-- teapot
                            +1
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                              Are you being paid as a lobbyist?

Not in the political sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Lessee, if the South was wrong to rebel, then so were the Yankees.
                                The South had democratic representation at all levels of government. They weren't being ruled by a king. They were afraid that the democratic system would vote against their interests so they took their ball and went home. That is an anti-democratic sentiment, not pro-democratic. Their interests (slavery) were entirely anti-freedom as well.

So the values of the South were entirely opposed to those of the Revolution.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X