X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
    Not in the political sense.
    Plus I really don't get paid much.

But generally, you could consider me a lobbyist, in a way. But I'm more about facilitating grassroots advocacy efforts.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I'm a lobbyist.

I don't see why you should be ashamed of saying so.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I'm not ashamed. It just isn't the whole truth.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Yay for MikeH!

Comment

The South had democratic representation at all levels of government.
            According to that big document called the Constitution, they could be no more ruled by Washington, then by Whitehall. Nullification is constitutional, and was part of the agreement that States did not have to pass laws that the federal government passed. They also had the right to secede from the United States.

BTW, we up here in Canada abolished slavery long before you guys got around to it, because that big, bad evil King had his parliament abolish it in the colonies. If you had remained with Britain, slavery would have been a dead issue. Instead, the yankees preserved slavery in their constitution.

They weren't being ruled by a king. They were afraid that the democratic system would vote against their interests so they took their ball and went home.
            No, they had voted in opposition to what the federal government wanted, by democratic process, and were afraid of the feds ramming it down their throat, just as the King used to do the same. I really can't see why the South was wrong and the Yankees were right. The Revolutionary war did not free the slaves.

So the values of the South were entirely opposed to those of the Revolution.
            WRT to slavery, it was better for a slave to be in a colony the in the supposedly 'free' america. That's a tremendous blemish.

Anyhow, we should start a thread in OT.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It was indeed a big blemish. No denying that. But you support the folks who tried to stop the country from fixing that blemish.

Comment

At least MikeH gets it... THANKS MIKE. Maybe you need to give Imran some lessons in customer service
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I just wanted to point out that I had nothing to do with this drama.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Though as President of the OT, your opinion may have mattered . Oh, and isn't there a hockey draft thread as well?

Oh, and one can think the motives of the South for revolting were wrong while the American colonies' motives were correct.

DC is "The South" technically as it is below the Mason-Dixon line.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Frankly, all of the hockey threads should be stickied and the other sports should be banned. I'm sick and tired of wading through all of these pseudo-sports to get to the real one.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Mike
                        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• When I posted "not in the political sense," I was referring to myself. I don't presume to speak for Ozzy.

And yes, kudos to MikeH!!!
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
                            I just wanted to point out that I had nothing to do with this drama.
                            Always thinking about our best interests. Thanks for the benign neglect, Asher!
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post

Though as President of the OT, your opinion may have mattered . Oh, and isn't there a hockey draft thread as well?

Oh, and one can think the motives of the South for revolting were wrong while the American colonies' motives were correct.

DC is "The South" technically as it is below the Mason-Dixon line.
                              DC is a city. Who cares?
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I didn't read this thread, but rather then open a new thread with a request to the Moderator, I thought I would just hijack this one :P

Can the Moderator ensure that any posts on sports that don't include teh sport in the thread title add it? "Survival League Draft Thread" doesn't tell me the sport and I usually end up opening it only to find out it is some useless sport like Baseball.

It should be a simple thing to include the sport in the title, but many posters seem to forget that their sport isn't the end all, be all.

/endrant&hijack

[action=Sparrowhawk][/action]
                                "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                                X