This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OzzyKP View Post
    Well it seemed Imran did mind them being topped. I untopped them because of his statement to that effect. This is his realm, so I defer to him.

Personally it doesn't matter to me. Doesn't seem like a big deal either way.
    Ball is now in Imran's court.

Comment

Sir Imran, your subjects are making a fuss.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Don't you dare call us his subjects. He's a punk without so much as a banning rod.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I believe I've made my feelings on this clear, Ozzy. If you feel like topping them go ahead, but I simply don't see the point considering the activity on the Sports Forum and the entire purpose of "sticky"ing a thread is to make sure it doesn't get lose in the shuffle of an active forum where it may drop a page or two.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

the entire purpose of "sticky"ing a thread is to make sure it doesn't get lose in the shuffle of an active forum where it may drop a page or two.
            If your statement were true, there would be virtually no need to top any thread on this entire site.

It's a tool for the convenience of the user base, such as it is. What's the harm in doing something nice for "your" users?
            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Very few threads are topped, actually (the one in the Sports forum would easily fall to page 2 in days) .

I don't particularly see the need to top a thread because a few users really would like to see that thread topped. What if all the people in the NFL thread asked for it to be topped? Convenience of user base?
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"

Comment

You know damn well this is a temporary thing, and it is definitely more convenient.
                  You say there's no "need" to do it. I say there's absolutely no reason to deny it.

Comment

I say we take up pitchforks and torches and storm his ass.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

This attitude explains why this site keeps going down.

We aren't "subjects" we are customers. And just like all the other customers you have lost over the years you will continue to lose customers to competitors that fulfill their needs.

Businesses that meet their customers' needs may survive. Businesses that exceed their customers' expectation will excel. Businesses that argue with their customers and tell them to do it their way better either have a monopoly or a very good exit strategy.

Comment

Down with Imran! We want Ming!

(um. that sounded better in my head.)
                        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude View Post
                          We aren't "subjects" we are customers. And just like all the other customers you have lost over the years you will continue to lose customers to competitors that fulfill their needs.
                          Oh come on, that was just a joke.

And really, you feel soo passionately about this you are gonna make a big stink about it? Not topping draft threads is destroying Apolyton? Again, doesn't matter to me, just seems like a silly thing to be worked up about.
                          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Ozzy I know the "subjects" word was a joke but it played out like fact. And you have to admit the mere fact we are debating it is indicative of the general attitude.

Instead of

"Cool you guys want it topped. Let me get right on it. Anything else we can do to make this site better. OK now do me a favor. We are trying to rebuild the site so tell a couple of your friends who play fantasy sports, games or just like to BS in an open forum to come here. Maybe I'll even give them a free month of Apolyton PLUS and give you a free month for everyone who joins" (BTW I have no idea what Apoly + is or if that is even feasable).

We get:

"As moderator and lord of the apolyton sports sub fiefdom I don't see the point in your request. REQUEST DENIED"

Both of the above are exaggerations, but I think they represent 2 different approaches. And let me ask you a question?

If you were going out to get a pizza and wanted ham and sausage on it and some old school Italian restaurant pizza manager "knew" that what you wanted to eat "didn't make sense" and would only serve pepperoni and anchovies, would you still want to go there or take your business somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Deity Dude View Post
                              Ozzy I know the "subjects" word was a joke but it played out like fact. And you have to admit the mere fact we are debating it is indicative of the general attitude.

Instead of

"Cool you guys want it topped. Let me get right on it. Anything else we can do to make this site better. OK now do me a favor. We are trying to rebuild the site so tell a couple of your friends who play fantasy sports, games or just like to BS in an open forum to come here. Maybe I'll even give them a free month of Apolyton PLUS and give you a free month for everyone who joins" (BTW I have no idea what Apoly + is or if that is even feasable).

We get:

"As moderator and lord of the apolyton sports sub fiefdom I don't see the point in your request. REQUEST DENIED"

Both of the above are exaggerations, but I think they represent 2 different approaches. And let me ask you a question?

If you were going out to get a pizza and wanted ham and sausage on it and some old school Italian restaurant pizza manager "knew" that what you wanted to eat "didn't make sense" and would only serve pepperoni and anchovies, would you still want to go there or take your business somewhere else?
                              "

Comment

Sticky threads are for important threads, not lazy people threads.
                                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                                X