Hello I'm a Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenhead73 View Post
    I get out plenty which is why I don't have 515 post on this forum, and suck at Civ4.

Actual pimping involves having a prostitute in your employ, so in the most literal sense no, are you so bored that you want to argue semantics on a game forum?

I personally am extremely bored, being stuck in a NOC watching monitoring screens.

Well, to my credit, those posts are over a number of years. And, my Civ-game is pretty strong. And, maybe I do have a prostitute in my employ.
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Why doesn't anyone run leopard on a PC?
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post

People do, but it requires a hack. Such a machine is called a Hackintosh.
        "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
        I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
        --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

I am amused.

I did phone support for macs for a couple years (not for awhile) and learned to appreciate what they can and cannot do.

For someone with some knowledge and skill, a PC is good. For someone who wants things working out of the box, and the support for those dumb questions, a mac is good. And for those that really know what they're doing, Linux (and I have a co-worker who has a triple boot machine ).

We're a mixed household, I run a mac, my wife runs a PC with XP, she finds the Mac limiting as she can't tweak it the way she wants. And its her rule that Vista isn't in the house.

Anyways, back to Civ, and avoiding Monte's revenge.
          Rule 37: "There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'."
          http://www.schlockmercenary.com/ 23 Feb 2004

Comment

Because Steve Jobs is an anal-retentive douche. Instead of opening up to cooperation, he seeks to control every aspect of the business. That's why people who haven't guzzled his sick little cult's kool-aid know better than to buy his products.
            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

According to the official Mac EULA, it is illigal to install Mac OSX on any non-Apple computer.

People, do install it and it runs just fine on any PC.

The difference between "Mac" and "PC" is not the hardware, but the software. Really the difference is "Mac" vs "Windows" (also Linux).

Comment

Working...
              X