Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTP2 Apolyton Edition: Revision 1013 (25-Jul-2009)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisterEd View Post
    Dang, that's weird. It still crashes on me. Martin suggested changing the compatibility mode, but the game won't even start if I run it in XP or 98 compatibility mode.
    Well, it isn't WindowsXP or whatever. It's rather something with the display civ flag option, it crashes if it tries to display a flag of a unit whose civ has just been killed. So hide civ flags and you can play on. Anyway in the next version this will be fixed.

Your hang is called by showing enemy movements, when unit animations are on. Unlike your other problem so far I have no clue where the thing goes wrong since the game does not crash, but stops processing the AI, and gives the control back to you, except that you can't end your turn.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Hey Martin, given all the work ya'll have done over the last 6 months, do you have any plans to release a new version of CTP2 AE?

Comment

Hey Martin, given all the work ya'll have done over the last 6 months, do you have any plans to release a new version of CTP2 AE?
        Yes, I should now have everything what I wanted to have in, the graphics double buffering, that little map give fix, and some of the bugs you have reported here.

Well, I want fix your hang even if I can now reproduce it. In fact it is pretty difficult to find the piece of code where it goes wrong. The other problem is that the game crashes when you leave it. Fortunately, you should have saved your game before. But of course this isn't fine, and maybe it disappears if I compile it with VC++6 instead with VC++9.

Well, and I have to update the readme.

And

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann View Post
          Well, I want fix your hang even if I can now reproduce it.
          That makes me a little reluctanct to report this new one. Here's the crash.txt, and attached in the Autosave file. I can't save it in a normal save file or it crashes also. Its been doing that for over 300 turns.

Version 2009-07-25
          0x004f35e8 [?IsExplored@Vision@@QBE_NVMapPoint@@@Z + 0x58]
          0x004be324 [?IsExplored@Player@@QBE_NABVMapPoint@@@Z + 0x14]
          0x00642daa [?FindStraightPath@UnitAstar@@QAE_NABVMapPoint@@0AA VPath@@AA_N1AAM_NHAAH@Z + 0xba]
          0x00643c02 [?FindPath@UnitAstar@@QAE_NVArmy@@HIIABVMapPoint@@H 1AAVPath@@AA_N2AAM_N55HAAHAB_N55@Z + 0x2e2]
          0x00640fb3 [?FindPath@RobotAstar2@@QAE_NABW4PathType@1@ABVArmy @@ABIABVMapPoint@@3AB_NABHABMAAVPath@@AAM@Z + 0x153]
          0x007e73c2 [?FindPathToBoard@Agent@@QAE_NABIABVMapPoint@@AB_NA AVPath@@@Z + 0x1e2]
          0x007e3f89 [?GotoTransportTaskSolution@Goal@@AAE_NPAVAgent@@0A AVMapPoint@@@Z + 0x369]
          0x007e5891 [?LoadTransporters@Goal@@AAE_NPAVAgent@@@Z + 0x1b1]
          0x007e4991 [?GotoGoalTaskSolution@Goal@@AAE_NPAVAgent@@ABVMapP oint@@@Z + 0x6d1]
          0x007e2655 [?Execute_Task@Goal@@QAE?AW4GOAL_RESULT@@XZ + 0x325]
          0x007db16d [?Match_Resources@Scheduler@@QAEX_N@Z + 0x16d]
          0x007fb409 [?GEVHookCallback@CtpAi_ProcessMatchesEvent@@EAE?AW 4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGam eEventArgList@@@Z + 0xb9]
          0x00580407 [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PA VGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
          0x00580dc8 [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
          0x0057eeed [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
          0x0040c301 [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x201]
          0x00406f14 [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
          0x00406975 [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
          0x0080a09c [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
          0x760dd0e9 [__onexitbegin + 0x7570ad91]
          0x772419bb [__onexitbegin + 0x7686f663]
          0x7724198e [__onexitbegin + 0x7686f636]
          Attached Files

Comment

That makes me a little reluctanct to report this new one. Here's the crash.txt, and attached in the Autosave file. I can't save it in a normal save file or it crashes also. Its been doing that for over 300 turns.
            MisterEd, I've tried your Autosave file, and have had no crash or hang. Yes, I've had several SLIC errors, which I ignored. And noticed that SLIC errors are somehow connected with Teleevangelist: before any action of any Teleevangelist there is a SLIC error.

Boban

Comment

Originally posted by Boban-2 View Post
              MisterEd, I've tried your Autosave file, and have had no crash or hang.
              Boban--thanks for checking. Its probably just something in my system. I tried the compatibility settings like Martin suggested, but I could not get the game to run at all. I'd hate for Martin to spend all his time chasing down something that is unique to my setup, although I'm at a loss to guess what it is. I pretty much just bought this machine off the shelf and started using it. I havent put anything exotic on it.

Comment

Boban-2, I assume play the game in a different language. This causes slic errors, you can get rid of them by reloading slic.

MisterEd, forget about compatibility mode, the bugs you reported only appear if you use certain userprofile options, which you used and I didn't use.

For the bugs you have reported, I don't know whether I have addressed all of them, the hang caused by city conquest of another civilization may be gone, because I changed something how the hidden tiles are displayed.

Anyway, I didn't bother to fix this stuff, actually it was time for a new Apolyton Edition. If you and anyone else have anything to report whether old or new, please do so here.

- Martin

Comment

Working...
                X