Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CTP2 Apolyton Edition: Revision 1013 (25-Jul-2009)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTP2 Apolyton Edition: Revision 1013 (25-Jul-2009)

The Apolyton CTP2 Source Code team proudly presents the Apolyton CTP2 Edition Revision 1013 from July the 25th 2009.

This time we have a small AI improvement, a crashfix, and some new shiny interfaces.

Now the AI does not unload its unit on the target continent far a way from the target. But it moves its sea transporters as close as possible and then unloads the units. This makes the AI actually reaching its oversea goals.

There was another problem that made the game crashing when a civilization was conquered, this is now fixed, too.

And the domestic manager got a complete overhaul. It now shows a lot of details. For instance what farmers, laborers, and merchants add to the resource collection. Or what trade adds to the gold income. And much more.

This Apolyton Edition can be directly installed over CTP2 v1.0, v1.1, or v1.11.

If you found a bug please report here as much relevant information as possible. This includes how to reproduce the problem, an attached screenshot or savegame may be helpful. If the game crashes (terminates without user intention) then include a crash log. You can enable crash logging by editing your userprofile.txt (in [Your CTP2 directory]\ctp2_program\ctp\) to set EnableLogs=Yes. The log can then be found at [Your CTP2 directory]\ctp2_program\ctp\logs\crash.txt. Please do not attach the crash.txt to a post, include the content of that file in your post.

For further changes check out the change log in the readme.

If you cannot forget about the past here is the previous thread.

Code:
    Brief Changelog:
    2009-07-25 (Revision 1011)
    Fixed:    Army grouping via slic in the Magnificant Samurai scenario works now.
    Fixed:    Database errors do not show up anymore when the Magnificant Samurai
              scenario is loaded.
    Fixed:    After an unit upgrade, its information is updated properly.
    Fixed:    The game does not crash, if a civilization is conquered. (Another bug)
    Added:    Cities show on the main map optionally what they are building.
    Added:    A polution main map icon for dirty cities.
    Changed:  Other main map city icons have better transparency and outlines.
    Changed:  Some good sprites were replaced so that they can be better seen.
    Changed:  New modern city styles have now all the same color so that the 
              city styles cannot be distinguished so well anymore.
    Fixed:    The game cannot be one anymore by just building the Solaris project.
              For archieving the science victory all the other components of the
              Gaja Controller are now necessary, too.
    Fixed:    The AI does not consider tiles for new cities anymore if those
              tiles are already controlled by other cities.
    Fixed:    The messages for nano infected and nano destroyed cities address
              now the victim player and do not throw slic errors anymore.
    Changed:  The main map city icons for bio infection, nano infection, injoin
              and happiness attack now show the civilization color of the attacker.
    Fixed:    The feat that is supposed to give extra science now gives extra
              science.
    Fixed:    The feat that is supposed to increase the unit hit points now
              increases the unit hit points.
    Added:    A political map option was added to the minimap.
    Fixed:    When a city is founded inside foreign territory it adds national
              borders as it should do.
    Fixed:    The AI does not unload units from transporters on the target continet
              before the final landfall.
    Fixed:    Sea transporter pathes do not end one tile too early.
    Changed:  Unit support percent is now zero if production and unit support is
              zero.
    Fixed:    Units disbanded in the city window will now give their production
              costs to back to the city, and the city window is updated accordingly.
    Fixed:    When a city grows, the AI updates the values of positions for new
              cities, properly.
    Changed:  The Empire Manager shows now more information.
    Changed:  Crime for science is now calculated as all the other resources.
    Fixed:    Wonders that are supposed to give a flat food bonus give a flat food
              bonus instead a food percent bonus.
    Changed:  Laborers now benefit from the government coefficent, too.
    Fixed:    Changing between buildings, wonders, and units costs now 25% of the
              stored production.
    Fixed:    Database errors and Great Library errors in the Apolyton Edition
              scenario were removed.
    Changed:  Production that is left from one item in the city build queue can be
              used for the next build item.
    Changed:  When a city is captured all the stored production is lost.
    Added:    New database flags for modders:
    - UnitDB:
       VictoryEnslavementChance Unit's chance to enslave an enemy unit on victory
       GovernmentOnly           Unit can only be built with the given government.
                                   The Unit is not destroyed on government change.
    - TerrainImprovementDB:
       HealRate                 TerrainImprovent heals units on it with the given
                                   rate.
    Last edited by Martin Gühmann; July 24, 2009, 20:08.
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

"

Comment

Thanks Martin
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

nice. nice.
        Formerly known as "E" on Apolyton

See me at Civfanatics.com

Comment

yepee - i'll start another game. this time on hard, at least...

Comment

I just started a new game and came across the following incident of a slaver apparently walking on water. I was attempting to move the settler to the hoplite when the slaver appeared and the move cancelled. I think I may have come across this in previous playtests but forgotten to report it. I've attached the save file if it's any help.
            Attached Files

Comment

Yea, I reported this in the last AE thread. I'm not sure what was changed since before the last AE to make the sprites of stealth units appear in the wrong place.

BTW you can enable show city production in the graphical options, if you haven't already tried it.

There is a small problem with the turns to new growth and turns to production. When you select a city then select the empire tab on the main control panel at the bottom the figures will change. I think it's using the wrong city data to calculate these things when the empire tab is used.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora View Post
                BTW you can enable show city production in the graphical options, if you haven't already tried it.
                Why isn't that on by default?

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Yea, I reported this in the last AE thread. I'm not sure what was changed since before the last AE to make the sprites of stealth units appear in the wrong place.
                  Well I have no idea where to start looking for this. Any tips Martin?

There is a small problem with the turns to new growth and turns to production. When you select a city then select the empire tab on the main control panel at the bottom the figures will change.
                  I found the source of this and should have a fix posted sooner or later.

Why isn't that on by default?
                  Yeah, maybe that would be a good idea.

Comment

crash.

(crash removed - updated one below)

27 Civ scenario, Apolyton version, Civ 3 graphics (which by the way for some reason don't work as well in this version as well as the last - unless it's something I haven't noticed before, no big deal though I can live with a few non-smooth edges on the coast.)
                    Last edited by SDKane; July 28, 2009, 00:37.

Comment

When did that crash happen SDKane? A save might also be useful.

Comment

When did that crash happen SDKane? A save might also be useful.
                        HTML Code:
                        Version 2009-07-25
                          0x00460f48  [?ResetCanResearch@Advances@@QAEXH@Z + 0x98]
                          0x004c790e  [?SetHasAdvance@Player@@QAEXH_N@Z + 0x33e]
                          0x0046089c  [?SetHasAdvance@Advances@@QAEXH_N@Z + 0x16c]
                          0x00460af7  [?GiveAdvance@Advances@@QAEXHW4CAUSE_SCI@@H@Z + 0x157]
                          0x004cbd3d  [?GEVHookCallback@GrantAdvanceEvent@@EAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_HOOK_DISPOSITION@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@@Z + 0x5d]
                          0x00580407  [?Activate@GameEventHook@@QBE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x37]
                          0x00580dc8  [?ActivateHook@GameEventManager@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT@@PAVGameEventArgList@@HAAH@Z + 0x28]
                          0x0057eeed  [?Process@GameEvent@@QAE?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@XZ + 0x2d]
                          0x00580840  [?AddEvent@GameEventManager@@QAA?AW4GAME_EVENT_ERR@@W4GAME_EVENT_INSERT@@W4GAME_EVENT@@ZZ + 0xd0]
                          0x00433175  [?dh_endTurn@@YAXPAVDQAction@@PAVSequence@@W4DHEXECUTE@@@Z + 0x35]
                          0x0042b833  [?HandleNextAction@Director@@QAEXXZ + 0xc3]
                          0x0040c21b  [?Process@CivApp@@QAEHXZ + 0x11b]
                          0x00406f14  [?CivMain@@YGHPAUHINSTANCE__@@0PADH@Z + 0x394]
                          0x00406975  [WinMain@16 + 0x65]
                          0x0080a09c  [WinMainCRTStartup + 0x134]
                          0x7c816fd7  [__onexitbegin + 0x7be44c7f]
                        It keeps saying invalid file type when I upload how do I go around this? and the crash.txt above is the one for the save-game I'm trying to upload.

Edit: it seems to like .rar's
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by SDKane; July 28, 2009, 00:39.

Comment

Originally posted by SDKane View Post

It keeps saying invalid file type when I upload how do I go around this? and the crash.txt above is the one for the save-game I'm trying to upload.

Edit: it seems to like .rar's
                          I can't load this save game because I don't have the scenario it was created with (27 civ world map). Can I download it somewhere?

Comment

Comment

Wait a sec? - it's a scenario meaning there's rules involved that could be conflicting with the AE?

Where can I get a map that I can have a good solid LONG game with every civ possible? Is there a way to get a map (just a map) that can do this?

EDIT: world map 400x400 (the big kahuna where even england has detail) - even incorrect starting locations would be fine by me - I can just cheat and place them at the start. t'is all I really want lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X