Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't take advantage of promotion options...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The great healer usually only works on defense since your offensive SOD are usually already promoted to the point the 2 or 3 exp points a piece won't be enough to generate a promotion.
    In a city that is garrisoned with reasonably green units, it doesn't take many point per unit to get a promotion.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Just wanted to get back and say that I finished a new game using promotions more carefully, and it was very interesting. Best part was when a diversified stack of 16 or so defended a city against a 50-unit SoD while only losing one machine gunner. Very cool. Anyway, thanks again for the interesting and helpful discussion.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I just finished a game using Japan.
        Samurai are awesome!
        With just a barracks you can have drill2 units, that quickly can become drill3+.
        I was able to conquer my entire continent with a stack of 15 samurai.
        I only lost 4 during a campaign that took on 14 cities in 2 civs.
        The battles generated 3 GG's which I used to add 6xp to my military prod city.
        So I was soon generating drill3 almost drill4 samuria.
        Japan, having both Aggressive & Protective, comes into it's own with gunpowder units.
        I was generating Infantry type units with 8 promotions at production!!!

Well, going to start a new Japan game ... this time on Pangea ... hehehe! (evil chuckle)
        I have no living enemies!
        Tim

Comment

Working...
        X