Strategy for vanilla...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strategy for vanilla...?

So I am going to be participating in a lan party tommorow for Civ IV at my local library (anyone else on the site from Charlotte NC and going to be there?). Evidently we are going to only be using the vanilla version of the game. Pretty much when ever I play now it is BTS so I haven't messed with the vanilla version in years.

Are there good threads for strategy for the vanilla version anywhere? I know religion becomes much more important in the vanilla version without spys and such...thanks!
    A university faculty is 500 egoists with a common parking problem

tough to say, it's been so long. But yeah religion all the way. I remember way back when we were discussion how powerful religion was (though it's not the be all, end all). Discovering that early religion was crucial. Although the other camp favored early warfare to conquer an early religion. those are the 2 main strategies that I recall.

Comment

Seige units. In vanilla they can still kill units.
      Tanks still can get collateral damage promos.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

yeah I noticed that. they took out collateral damage on tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          Seige units. In vanilla they can still kill units.
          Came here to say that!
          Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

It's too bad that they changed that but didn't change the logic of how AI's use them.
            I've been on island where the AI's ships come up and drop off a stack of seige units. Hmmm, there's no way they can ever take the city. And on land masses they move in one by one. Yeah, that's scary.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah... sloppy programing. Change their abilities, but not how they are used. Nothing better than a seeing a SOD with tons of collateral damage units, but only one or two real units. You can pick them off at your own leisure
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X