Medieval pack 2 unzipping questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medieval pack 2 unzipping questions

I've tried downloading this mod a couple of times today, but the mod does not show up on modswapper. Reading in the troubleshooting section, it says that an unzipping program may cause problems if it doesn't have pathing (Am not sure what that is.) I've tried Winzip (a trial version), and ZipCentral, are there any other suggestions for programs that could do the unzipping correctly, or anything else I could try?

(I have done the userprofile change already, and the apolyton mod has installed just fine.)
    Lots of Civilization ideas here: http://pickly-braingas.blogspot.com/...zation%20games

IIRC the Med Pack 2 folder was zipped incorrectly, so that when you unzip it directly to your CtP2 folder it doesn't extract some parts to the right place.

What you can do is open the Med Pack 2 zip file and pull each folder to it's right place, to make sure it extracts properly.

Edit: Yeah, I've just looked at the Med Pack 2 zip and there is ctp2_data inside another ctp2_data. The highest ctp2_data contains a "default" folder, this contains the pictures and videos required for Med Mod. Inside that ctp2_data is another ctp2_data which contains all the text files, language and game modifying files.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I tried directly extracting the files to the appropriate locations in the CTP2 folders, but modswapper still isn't picking it up.

1. I unzipped pictures, sprites, etc, but is there another file that i might be missing which sets up the mod?

2. Reading your post again, it seems as if you are suggesting to add extra folders into the CPT2 section, than install the mod into these folders. Is this how the installation was supposed to work, or does installing the files directly to the default folders work fine?
      Lots of Civilization ideas here: http://pickly-braingas.blogspot.com/...zation%20games

Comment

Originally posted by Pickly View Post
        I tried directly extracting the files to the appropriate locations in the CTP2 folders, but modswapper still isn't picking it up.

1. I unzipped pictures, sprites, etc, but is there another file that i might be missing which sets up the mod?
        MM2_gamefile.txt or MM2L_gamefile.txt are the ones that control which files are used for MedMod. These should be in your [ctp2_data\default\gamedata] folder, with the original gamefile.txt.

2. Reading your post again, it seems as if you are suggesting to add extra folders into the CPT2 section, than install the mod into these folders. Is this how the installation was supposed to work, or does installing the files directly to the default folders work fine?
        There's no need to create new folders. You'll just have to pull each file manually to the right place. What I would do is extract the whole MedMod zip to a folder on your desktop, then open your ctp2 folder and manually drag the MedMod files into the right folder.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

o.k., it works. (I was directly extracting the files into the required folders, and didn't realize that would create another cpt2_data folder.)

A couple final questions, the medmod battleview file replaces the regular battleview file. Is there a way to prevent this replacement, or otherwise have a way to install both battleview files without screwing up the program?

Also, in the medmod version, unit movement with the arrow doesn't seem to work. Might this also come from a missing UI file? (it works fine in regular.)

Comment

A couple final questions, the medmod battleview file replaces the regular battleview file. Is there a way to prevent this replacement, or otherwise have a way to install both battleview files without screwing up the program?
            Just backup the original one? IIRC all the MedMod battleview changes is some background pictures that don't effect gameplay.

Also, in the medmod version, unit movement with the arrow doesn't seem to work. Might this also come from a missing UI file? (it works fine in regular.)
            The only UI MedMod changes is the battleview so I doubt it. Not sure what's causing your problem. "with the arrow" I assume you mean the green arrow at the bottom of the screen? Can you move with the keypad, or pressing 'm' and creating a path?

Comment

In terms of the battleview, the apolyton edition did crash when I tried a new battle, but its still good to know what the effects are. (I'll just adjust ot the old one and see how it works.)

In terms of the arrow, yes, the green arrow in the unit screen is what I'm talking about. Other movement options didn't seem to work either in MedMod. (movement works fine in apolyton.) I looked through the game options and graphic options (I think), and didn't see anything (but as usual may have missed something.)

Thanks for the rest of the help as well.

Comment

In terms of the battleview, the apolyton edition did crash when I tried a new battle, but its still good to know what the effects are. (I'll just adjust ot the old one and see how it works.)

In terms of the arrow, yes, the green arrow in the unit screen is what I'm talking about. Other movement options didn't seem to work either in MedMod. (movement works fine in apolyton.) I looked through the game options and graphic options (I think), and didn't see anything (but as usual may have missed something.)

Thanks for the rest of the help as well.
                If you're using MedMod with the Apolyton Edition then you might get problems, since this hasn't been tested much (if at all) as far as I know. Better to use MedMod with the standard 1.1 patched game for now if you want to avoid any potential problems.

Comment

I forgot to mention anything before, but the game is working now. thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X