Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beyond the Sword patch not installable!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond the Sword patch not installable!!!

Latest patch "Civ4BeyondTheSwordPatch3.19.exe" cannot be installed.

After a few nexts and after clicking install the window just disappears and nothing is getting installed.

How can they even release a buggy patch?
    Don't they have basic testing?
    Now they are gonna have to patch the patch, unbelievable!

Comment

You probably installed the game in a custom folder so the patch can't find it, or you have the Steam version, or something like that.

Comment

The patch only works with the version of the game that was installed from CD or DVD. If you installed a downloaded version (from Steam or Direct to Disk), then you have to get the right version of the patch from where you downloaded the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_RT View Post
          How can they even release a buggy patch?
          Don't they have basic testing?
          Now they are gonna have to patch the patch, unbelievable!
          You're the only person I've seen that's reported a problem with installing the patch. So the problem is on your end, not the patch itself. Take some time to figure things out before you start ranting please, you just end making yourself look foolish.

Comment

Some of the other patches (3.17?) didn't auto install in Vista.

Are you on Vista? Try looking in the patch folder and double click to run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem View Post
              You're the only person I've seen that's reported a problem with installing the patch. So the problem is on your end, not the patch itself. Take some time to figure things out before you start ranting please, you just end making yourself look foolish.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I gave up on installing this patch...it is not installable.

Comment

Try downloading from a better site.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I just realized that the titles of my 3 topics sound very whiny, especially when looked at consecutively, sorry about that...

Comment

Seems to conform to the way you write. First you rant. Then you blame other people. Then you dismiss all help and advice by tellint the writers that they are fools or cretins. Not a particular appetizing set of messages so far.

As to the patch, it will not install from inside the game's menues. I don't know why, but I do know how to fix it. Standup, a poster above, already told you to get the patch, save it in the patch folder, and run it from there. I'll note that if your current version is not 3.17, then install the 3.17 patch first.
                      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer View Post
                        save it in the patch folder
                        What folder would that be?

Comment

Seems to conform to the way you write. First you rant. Then you blame other people. Then you dismiss all help and advice by tellint the writers that they are fools or cretins.
                          He'd fit right in in Off-Topic though.
                          John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I haven't memorized the file structure; but will look for you this evening and tell you where it is on XP. Is that your OS? I got the version of the patch file I used here on this site as made avalable in another thread. I did install the patch from that file.

Edit: Yes the OT forum wouldn't think that the earlier communication pattern was aggressive. However, he is responding with a bit of self-growth. We were all new posters once.
                            No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                            "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

got the version of the patch file I used here on this site as made avalable in another thread. I did install the patch from that file.
                              I think I used the same link, anyway make sure to clarify later, and yes, I have Windows XP SP3. I'm not sure what exactly are you saying, that patch would successfully install if you launch it from a specific folder or that there are different versions of the patch?

Comment

Working...
                              X