Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Fiera (Hispanic Civ2 units workshop)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Fiera (Hispanic Civ2 units workshop)!

(Tronkos, a ver si abris mas threads porque en eso gano yo por aplastante mayoria).

In the old Fiera's webpage there was a very nice unit page about Spanish military units. I see that the page has been lost during the upgrade. Bad, bad!

The thing is I was thinking about updating Sp Pr to version 4.4 an thought that one of the units appearing there could very well fit into my update. I am talking about the Castilian chevalier (sorry I can't rememeber its true name -- hablo del cuerpo que crearon los RR CC para proteger los caminos).

So Fiera, give us back that page (and update it with el tio Paco and other horrors we've seen recently in this forum)

PS. Update! Update! Update!

Yes, I know I should have kept that page... my fault...

But fear not, the Spanish historical that I made and the ones that all of you've posted will have its place in my page...

About the updates issue, I'm very sorry, I have several things in mind to update my site, but I haven't found the time to do it (Exams, kIndal know what I'm talking about...)

Once I've finished with them (14th Feb), I'll take charge of everything...

Re: your Spanish Pride update, it will be an honour for me if you use my units... Check your e-mail soon!

[This message has been edited by Fiera (edited February 05, 2001).]
    "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
    - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

¡Joder qué cabeza tengo!

Me acabo de dar cuenta de que en realidad quité la sección aquella porque incluí las unidades en los diferentes archivos Gif que tengo en la secciónm units... Así, la unidad de Santa Hermandad y los caballeros con el escudo de Castilla y León están en el archivo Middle Ages, o sea que no necesito mandarte emilio... te las puedes bajar tú mismo...

¡El día menos pensado me olvido de cómo me llamo...!
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Edit: perdón por el doble post, es la primera vez que me pasa...
        [This message has been edited by Fiera (edited February 05, 2001).]
        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

The unit descriptions were very interesting as well... could you post them here if you still keep 'em?

Comment

OK.

The Santa Hermandad (Holy Brotherhood) became in 1488 the first permanent troop of the Spanish kingdoms. It acted both as a militar and as a police corp, for at peace time they kept security along roads and all over the countryside. It was composed of up to 10,000 men.

The Castilian Guardias Viejas (Old Guards) were created in 1493, after the conquest of Granada, as a permanent cavalry force. Each company had 20 light horsemen and 80 heavy horsemen (known as Men of arms). The horses trappings showed the castles and the lions, symbol of the Castilian-Leonese Kingdom.

- Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Working...
            X