No announcement yet.

[BtS] MOO2Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the patch is official from the d2d site as you are required to use their patches they provide if you buy the game from them. But other mods I've run (like Star Trek) have been just fine.

There's no error messages, but I almost wonder if I installed the mod wrong. All I did was uninstall it and drop the folder into the Beyond the Sword/Mods folder, like I did with some other mods, and they all work fine. There's no instalation instructions provided. Did I miss something?

Comment

Guess not. The auto-installer should install the mod OK though. Actually, I meant if you got an unofficial fan patch installed as well ('cause patch4 hasn't been tested for that). Since Star Trek mod works OK, I'm afraid I'm at a bit of a loss what the problem could be... If you don't mind I'll repost the problem here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=321316. Someone else might have a clue. (I get more response on CFC plus there seem to be more modders active there.)
      Last edited by JEELEN; August 27, 2009, 16:58. Reason: added info

Comment

Allright, thanks for the work on it. As I said, everything seems to be okay, save there is only one planet in a system and it has ??? as the name, and the population never grows, and the systems never produce anything.

Comment

You're welcome - but that's definitely not OK... (Haven't gotten a reply yet to the repost.)

Comment

Still no reply to the re-post... Is this helpful, I wonder:

(Originally Posted by dweller_below)

When I installed MOO2Civ patch4k, it created a directory structure in Program Files that was parallel to my Civ4 install. I have installed a Civ4 more than once. My latest install is from the Complete DVD. Maybe the directory path is different in my version of Civ4? Maybe the installer is finding old stuff in the Registry?

It created: /Program Files/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/..
            I have: /Program Files/2K Games/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4 Complete/Beyond the Sword/..

So, I browsed the installer over to the right directory and created a folder to hold the mod.

Miles

BTW, I should note that the auto-installer should install in /Program Files/Firaxis Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods.

Comment

MOO2Civ patch 4l

Just uploaded: MOO2Civ patch 4l

Following install problems with the previous patch I'm also reloading that.

EDIT: Done that too.

Comment

I've now reloaded both patch 4k and 4l. (The install path of the auto-installer was faulty in both cases. Sorry for any inconvenience...)

See http://apolyton.net/forums/local_lin...find&catid=-10 (or the link in the previous post for simply patch 4l).
                Last edited by JEELEN; October 9, 2009, 22:17.

Comment

I've reloaded patch 4l after another complaint of a faulty install path; the StrategyInformer download location now has the correct file (zipped, but without auto-installer). Sorry once again.

Link is in the previous post.

Comment

Ooh, neat idea.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Glad you noticed.

Comment

this MOO2civ wot game do i need for it do i need masters of orion 2 or civilisation 4 as do like the sound of this any1 let me no plz

foxy

Comment

Working...
                        X