Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to design special difficulty levels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to design special difficulty levels?

Good morning.

I wonder how to edit/change the standard AI difficulty settings. A friend and I are playing on "prince" - settings and become bored now, but the "monarch" - settings are too difficult right now. Looking up the settings in detailed discriptions, they say in "monarch" the AI has an additional worker in the beginning plus other advantages.

How can I just delete this additional worker, but keep the rest of the advantages of "monarch" active?

Is there a "not-too-tough" way to edit this?

I already downloaded the SDK, but... well you know... there is a lot to read and to understand.

Thanks for any information.

The easiest way to mod your game is to edit the xml files. Just use Notepad or any plain text editor. Make a backup of any file before you change it.

The xml files are english text and don't require programming skills. Just look through them... there are a lot of files in different directories. You'll figure it out.

Comment

But you don`t know the particular file, that is dealing with the difficulty settings, if there is a single one?

Comment

I believe some info is scattered here and there. A good place to start is CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml.

Comment

Working...
        X