Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A problem with TCP/IP multiplayer crashes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A problem with TCP/IP multiplayer crashes.

Me and a few of my friends have been playing Alpha Centauri again lately, mostly without troubles. Three out of the four of us have no problems connecting to each other at all, the game runs smooth and everything. Whenever the fourth person tries to connect to one of our servers, or host, the server crashes. Sometimes displaying a message about the last message not being recieved. The fourth person has re-installed the game twice, updating each time and applying the XP patch to make sure the game will work fine. We all use the same OS, we've looked in DXDiag at our TCP/IP service provider versions, and they're all the same too.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this before? If this has already been addressed, I apologize. I searched the forum with the word "crash" and wasn't able to find a solution. Thank you for any help you can provide.

try to create a Hamachi network (to simulate a LAN over the internet).
    you can see how it works here
    alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

I tried that too, but we got another problem when we tried it. We set up Hamachi and all got onto the same server. Then I created an ICX game, named it AAA for no real reason, and hosted. My friends clicked join, and it said that no game was available. I hadn't messed with any game settings yet.

We've used Hamachi very often in the past, so it's not a problem with Hamachi.

Comment

A little update, I was able to get a Hamachi server up and running, and my friend could see my server, but they timed out before they could join. Anyone have any suggestions for this?

And sorry if double posting is against the rules, I couldn't actually find any forum rules.

Comment

Cutman3030, i'm on Hamachi tonight and have some time to try to solve your problem.
          take a look at my profile if you want to contact me (click on 'send message').
          alphacentauri2.info * Alpha Centauri players group * IRC channel #smac

Comment

I've tested Hamachi with another friend of mine, and it works. I was trying to connect through ICX or whatever it's called instead of doing it the normal way. I still can't connect with the original friend though. It must be something with his computer seeing as I can't connect to him with multiple methods, but I can connect with other people just fine.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X