Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Medieval Pack II Beta: The Gathering (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One small request:
    When the final version is released, how bout compressing every single file into one big file and placing it with an installer so installation will be a little easier and there are no accidents. I hate have to read the readmes to find out where to put stuff, and its also a pain in the ass to download the files separately.

Comment

• Jadlakha,
      I already posted about that, and the consensus was that an installer was not needed. You just unzip all of the files into the main CTP2 folder. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

------------------
      DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
      EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
      AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

• Alright no installer, but how bout creating one large zip file to download rather then cluttering my download directy with a bunch of seperate files to download.

Comment

• UPDATE ALERT: New text update posted.

I figured out how to alter the old militia code to fit the new setup. Now you just get a normal defensive unit when a city is founded.

As far as a big download, I worry about people with slow connections like myself. The combined file would be over 20 megs, and I can only dl about 8 megs an hour. I use a program called Reget when I want to dl multiple, large files.

Comment

• thanks for the update Wes! Another program that is pretty good for large downloads is GoZilla. It allwos you to resume downloads of large files at a later time.

------------------

Comment

• quote:

Originally posted by Rhuarc on 05-10-2001 10:29 PM
              thanks for the update Wes! Another program that is pretty good for large downloads is GoZilla. It allwos you to resume downloads of large files at a later time.

are these two programs free or shareware?

I use Getright (Yuck) it is shareware so I am looking for a free version somewhere.

Comment

• You know, after looking through the new text files, and the new changes I'm going to HAVE to change my strategy!

When war was declared on me, I'd immediately move all but one defensive unit out of all cities and move to the frontlines. (In peace times I go with a small army to help boost the economy and research. ) I'd then start building new units in these cities while the frontline troops rallied into stacks. Usually what happens to me is the AI actually gets a couple of troops round my rally-point (in the middle of HIS civ) and can often capture a city off me cuz it's only defended by one unit. For me, when I've rush-built the units I'd already started, I'd mearly recapture that city before sending to the rally-point.

Anyways, after all these changes I have to change that strategy! With the more agressive settings, half my buildings being destroyed in the capture, 1/4 of the city's pops running away and other such stuff, it's very likely that when I capture the city back there'll be nothing left! Or very little anyways. Oh dear, I'm going to have to build a defensive army AND an offensive army.

BTW, this is a GOOD thing!

------------------
                Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

• Gozilla is a freeware. It doesn't expire or any other crap like that. It also has really cool download sounds! When you click a link to download a file it sounds the Tyrannasourus Rex off of Jurrasice Park. It has another cool sound when it is done downloading. Anyway, I would suggest getting this since it will make downloafing the Mod much less tedious. By the way, Wes, I haven't checked, but do you know does Apolyton's server support resume downloads?

------------------

Comment

• Yes, it is possible to resume from Apolyton.

(The ModMod for CTP is 10mb, and the resume was very useful...)
                    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• THanks IMO. I can't wait for the final release of the mod to come out. From the sounds of thigns it realy makes the game both fun and challenging to play! One question for you mod makers. This might be too late to bring this up, but is there any way to bring back the old messaging system like was in CTP1 with the message buttons being displayed along the side? I liked that a lot better than the current system because then you actually knew when you had messages and they were much easier to get to. Thanks a lot!

------------------

Comment

• Well I got a cable modem and can download 100 megabyte file in 10 minutes. I dont need that gozilla crap.

Comment

• Wes, I gave you some help on terraforming, the tech chart is ether wrong or missing when it comes to terraforming avaibility times.

Swamp: Industrial rev (you have remove adv at Agricaltural Rev in file. Chart says available with Crop Rotation.
                          Desert: Agro Industry, chart says should be Crop Rotation.
                          Hills: Fusion, chart says should be Explosives,
                          Sand Hills: file says Fusion, not on tech chart.
                          Poler hills: file says fusion, not on tech chart. These two should be Explosives also.
                          Forest: Animal Husbandry, chart says Iron Working.
                          Jungle: Crop Rotation, chart says Iron Working.
                          Plains: file says Metal Working, not on chart.
                          Grass lands: file says Metal Working, not on chart.
                          Tundra: Avanced Composites,right on chart and in file but doesn't show up in game.
                          Glscier: in file Nano Machines, not on chart and doesn't show up in game.

I have checked everything using cheat mode. Not a problem where you want them, but chart needs to be right.

PT boats still never showed up, file looks ok maybe game.
                          Started playing with new update, game crashed to desktop three time but was retrivable each time. Did not notice what was happening at time of crash.
                          [This message has been edited by preacherman (edited May 11, 2001).]
                          He who believes and is baptized will be saved: But he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

Comment

• Thanks for bringing up the terraforming problem again, P-man. I finally figured out what was happening. The designers changed some things in this area since Ctp1, and I have had trouble understanding it. It turns out that the enabling advances in tileimp.txt determine when the buttons become active on the PW tab. For everything except terraforming, they are also the enabling advances for that terrain improvement. In ctp1 they were enabled in the advances.txt, which still has some settings left in it for TIs which apparently don't do anything anymore.
                            For terraforming, adding and removing terrain is still enabled by the terrain.txt, as they were in ctp1. The settings in tileimp.txt just turn on the buttons for adding terrain.
                            Anyway, I corrected everything in the terrain.txt, and added a couple of things to the advances chart where it was needed. The listings in the advances chart tell when you can "remove" a given terrain. Sometimes different advances will allow you to add a terrain, but this is usually for undesirable terrain like desert which you should never want to add anyway.

Notes:
                            1)There are not buttons for adding tundra and glacier, but you can remove them when you get the necessary tech.
                            2)When it says "Hills" in the advances chart, this refers to all three types of hills, since there is not enough room to list all three.
                            3)You cannot build railroads through mountains until you have explosives.

I figured out what was wrong with the PT_Boat, and Monitor as well. I had forgotten to remove the "can't build" flag from when they were going to be Elite units. You guys can remove that yourselves if you want to.

SLIC:
                            I tested the Partisan code, and it works properly, however the Elite code does not seen to be working. If any of you have received or seen any of the elite units, please report it.

Comment

• Did anyone see AI-to-AI activity? I've played to about 100 AD and have no AI-to-AI pacts and even cease-fire treaties. Of course I mean Medieval Mod.

Comment

• In my playing of the mod so far I have seen a couple of cease-fire treaties, and one peace treaty. Other than that I haven't seen much, but I don't know if there is anything going on in the background with the AI that I don't know about.

------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X