OCC comes to CTP2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCC comes to CTP2

I just made a One City Challenge scenario. I suppose it is a little like Troll's gameplay setups, the human gets a settler, the AI gets as many as it can build - try to win. I forgot to include a readme file with the scenario, but it is just like other scenarios, unzip into the scenarios directory. (With Winzip for best results)

The map, I drew out, so that the 7 enemy civs are around your island, in the central lake. Be warned, SLIC is used to prevent you building settlers, and the AI will really hate you.

Download from http://members.aol.com/wvrs4 . It is occ.zip

Have fun.

Ben
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Cool!! Sounds like a challenge for The Fuzz
    Live EVERY day like it's the best day of your life, and it will be.

Comment

Oops, sorry, to anyone who downloaded it yesterday, but there were problems with it, some more important than others. It is now fixed, and back up at http://members.aol.com/wvrs4/occ.zip
      Among other changes, it now has a readme

Ben
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Despite my attempts to get a decent scenario out, it still takes 3 attempts. Before, it was possible to get cities by inciting revolutions, owning the egalitarian act, or (duh...) demanding one. Now, you cant, and version 1.03 is available again, at http://members.aol.com/wvrs4/final_occ.zip

Tell me if you can win, cos I'm struggling...

Ben

Comment

http://www.apolyton.net/cgi-bin/ctp2...iew.cgi?ID=608

Comment

No file?

Dave
            Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

Thanks Markos, but redstar1 is right, the link doesn't work
              For now, try my website : http://members.aol.com/wvrs4/

Go through it to the CTP2 download section and click on the OCC scenario.

Markos, how do I get into the CTP2 links section ? My site will be expanding quickly this summer

Comment

error in the location of the file. fixed

IW, see http://apolyton.net/cgi-bin/links/add.cgi

Comment

Thanks Marcos, will do.

Comment

Yeah I got it off your website. Haven't had time to play much of it but it looks pretty nasty! Nice wee island to start on though.

Dave
                    Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

Niec one, impossible now actually means it! I enjoyed it right up to 2000AD, when the French bombers and tanks finally wiped out my remaining infantry. I only managed to kill 1 civ too!

I did notice that both Geometry and Alchemy took much longer to research than everything else. Maybe a typo crept into advance.txt (damn those Gipper-Frogs, they always get into my programming too). The military upkeep costs was also annoying, now that there's only one city, and pollution unhappiness forces the production down.

Nevertheless, I intend to actually survive next time!

MATT:-)

Comment

I'm glad people are enjoying it, it was meant to be hard. I never even killed a civilisation on Hard! I'll check out that typo in advances.txt, and maybe reduce military costs a bit. Thanks for the feedback

The Immortal Wombat

Comment

Might be a good game but I get no responce when I try to download it.

------------------
                          Hear the word and live refuse and die!
                          He who believes and is baptized will be saved: But he who does not believe will be condemned. Mark 16:16

Comment

From where? Have you tried Apolyton and my homepage?

Oh yeah, does anyone have any ideas for names for my CTP2 site?

Comment

When (if?) I have time I'll give it a try too, sounds like a challenge and I like challenges

Name for your site? Let's see... The Way of the Wombat, The Wombat Files, Wombat's Wonderful Webpage (WWW), Wombat's Embassy, Wombat's Online World! (WOW!), Immortal Downloads, Immortal Portal, Call to Immortality, need I continue? You picked a great username, very suitable to make variations on for names of websites/mods/etc. How *did* you come up with it anyway? It's brilliant...
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X