How to make tile improvements outside the scope of the city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make tile improvements outside the scope of the city

I was trying to do some tile improvements, say build a road on the tile which is out side the range of the controllable area of a city, like more than 6 tiles away, the game just doesn't allow me to do that.
    Please give me a hand!

You can only build tile improvs on a tile that you have ownership over. You can't build in the wilderness. The only way to get around this, is to fortify a military unit in the wilderness and build a fort around it. This will reap you a couple of squares that you can then put other tile improvs on. Quite handy for getting a road through that arctic plain at the top of the map to connect the next island.

------------------
    Rommell to a sub-commander outside Tobruk: "Those Australians are in there somewhere. But where? Let's advance and wait till they shoot, then shoot back."

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dale on 05-14-2001 02:11 AM
      You can only build tile improvs on a tile that you have ownership over. You can't build in the wilderness. The only way to get around this, is to fortify a military unit in the wilderness and build a fort around it. This will reap you a couple of squares that you can then put other tile improvs on. Quite handy for getting a road through that arctic plain at the top of the map to connect the next island.

Question my good man,

If the unit is killed, and your road is already built, will your road remain there?

Thanks

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------
      Revelation 3:20
      Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds MY voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Thank you Dale, I will try that tonight.

Troll, for your question, I had an interesting experience before. when I attacked a city which had population 1, and then grabbed it, it was destroyed (disappeared), but at that round it was building several (3 or 4) tiles with roads, then even that city was gone, the building continued, and after a round, those roads were all built! and they were just there without any city close to them, after I built a city there later, those roads were still avaialbe for me!

BTW, Troll, how did you challenging game go? I really like what you are trying. anyway, I will check that topic after posting this email...

Comment

Working...
        X