Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Civilizations Released under a new name

Hello Civilization fans!

I reckon a few of you might be interested to know that Space Civilizations has now been officially finished and released under the name "Cosmic Supremacy".

Cosmic Supremacy is a tick/turn-based online multiplayer space strategy game with a 3D 'Galaxy View' interface. You need to explore the galaxy around you, discover new solar systems, colonise new planets, and expand your empire. You can design every ship in your fleet, and research new advanced technologies so that you can build faster and stronger ships.

We try to offer an innovative mix between traditional multiplayer strategy games and persistent online games. A game in Cosmic Supremacy (which is called a 'Galaxy') exists in its own completely separate galaxy. Every Galaxy has a definite start, and ends when there is an obvious winner. Galaxies usually last between 4 and 6 weeks, but you are not required to sit behind your computer and babysit your empire all the time - instead (just like in a wide variety of browser based games) you give your orders and commands, and check back several hours later to see the results of your decisions.

Feel free to ask questions about the game here, or check it out at http://cosmicsupremacy.com, and visit the forums there.

Best Regards,

Erwin Kloibhofer
    Creator of Cosmic Supremacy

It looks interesting... Though I have a question here- if you have no advertisements, how do you make money for the servers?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

By offering two types of game rooms (or we call them "galaxies") for Premium and Non-Premium players:

'Free-For-All Galaxies' that represent the basic version of the game. These have Premium Gameplay Features disabled (even for Premium Members).

'Premium Galaxies' offer even more features and deeper gameplay. The Premium Gameplay Features in these galaxies are activated for everyone in the galaxy, including Free Members that manage to get a Free Non-Premium Seat.

So you start playing in 'Free-For-All Galaxies' and enjoy roughly 90% of the available gameplay features. If you like the game and want more, you go premium (for a very reasonable price) and play in advanced premium galaxies which offer the full range of available features.

This system allows us to guarantee that Premium Players NEVER GAIN ANY IN-GAME ADVANTAGES over Non-Premium Players, because the two play in separate "game rooms". A player can choose to never go premium, and play for free forever. He can even grasp the occasional free non-premium seats in a premium galaxy, which allows him to test-drive Premium Gameplay features for FREE.

I don't think one could come up with a fairer system. And as you are saying, we have to finance ourselves somehow...

Comment

Thank you for the answer.

you may also want to post your pitch in this section of the forum: http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33 Few people actually read the Alt. Civs section of Apolyton.

You may also want to advertise it here : http://www.weplayciv.com on their forums and at civfanatics. http://www.civfanatics.com

Good luck.
        ~DC.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Sounds like an excellent project! Well done.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Looks promising, a few questions:
            -How many are the optimal players? Can it be played as a duel for example?
            -Is it possible to set up a private game just for some friends?
            -would it be possible that this kind of private games had a host who can pause/continue the game whenever the players have time to play?

Comment

Originally posted by mzprox View Post
              Looks promising, a few questions:
              -How many are the optimal players? Can it be played as a duel for example?
              -Is it possible to set up a private game just for some friends?
              -would it be possible that this kind of private games had a host who can pause/continue the game whenever the players have time to play?
              GRAVE DIGG

got duel games now, setting up a tornument

to avoid cheating there are no private games, although for experience it would be good

there is a function to activate a galaxy when both players are on, but so far people have chosen either speed or happy for gaps when offline

Comment

Truly freeto play

Originally posted by DarkCloud View Post
                It looks interesting... Though I have a question here- if you have no advertisements, how do you make money for the servers?
                Erwin was not greedy enuf to make the game pay, so he quit developing it (officially--actually he has produced some wonderful new things) and we players pay for the server by voluntary donations. And now Erwin has even found a free server.

This is the only MMO game I know of with no multi-account cheaters and no spies. No paying for advantages--skill alone rules.

It is known to only a few because there is no money for promotions. We players want more people to play with, so we put comments like this one on sites we find where we can make such comments.

If you are lucky enuf to find this game and get into your first Beginner Galaxy, give us a shout out at "Beginner FAQ" in the Forums. We dearly love new players.

Comment

I like your attitude

Originally posted by Radiance View Post
                  ... No paying for advantages--skill alone rules.

It is known to only a few because there is no money for promotions. We players want more people to play with, so we put comments like this one on sites we find where we can make such comments.
                  Fair enough!

Originally looking for something completely else, I'll give this a try (as well as this site I just registered for). Hopefully it will bring back a bit of this good auld beer'n'brezel atmosphere I'm missing since those old stars! days.

Hic porci cokti ambulant,
                  Tom

Comment

Question: Is this going to be a one-time payment game or subscription based?

The game looks promising by the way.

Comment

Working...
                    X